Tom Felton Comments on MTV Movie Nod, Working with Helena Bonham Carter, and More

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 12, 2010, 09:14 PM

In a follow up to our MTV Movie Awards nominations story below, actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has made comments about his nomination, working Harry Potter costar Helena Bonhamn Carter, and of a scene cut from the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film. On the subject of his nomination for Best Villain, Mr. Felton is quoted as saying:

"It's a massive honor," he said. "Especially given that it's a fan vote. That makes it quite touching. And it's classic for me, because for almost a decade, kids have been running onto set and hugging Daniel [Radcliffe] and shaking Emma [Watson]'s hand. I try and be as polite as I can, and I never seem to get anywhere with them. Finally, I'm in a category that celebrates that fact!"
The young actor went on to speak of working with actress Helena Bonham Carter, who portrays the character of Bellatrix in the Harry Potter films, saying that she is his "idol."  He goes on to say: "I've learned more off her than anyone else."

Lastly, Mr. Felton made comments about a scene which was cut from the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film, right before filming was set to take place.  Quoteage:
"In the fourth film, I got turned into a ferret," he said. "In the original script, it says that in the transition back from ferret to human, I was going to be naked, and I was going to have to run through the courtyard with about 60 extras and 50 film crew and run out with my cheeks on show. For some reason, they pulled that at the last minute. I don't know why. Maybe they thought it was too explicit for young viewers. Maybe something about not having a wide-angle lens!"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Congratulations to Tom. I would enjoy meeting all of the young actors.

Posted by budgie on May 13, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool!!! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on May 13, 2010, 12:26 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m pretty sure there’s many fans that would go pelting for Tom Felton

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 13, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Congratulations on doing that with the Alice in Wonderland star!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on May 13, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Ha! Hmmmm I wonder why they took that out?! (sarcasm)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 13, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator

I don’t get why he isn’t popular…

Posted by Airallia on May 14, 2010, 12:25 PM report to moderator

I can almost hear the millions of fans crying that they didn’t get to see him naked in the forth film, he he. He definitely deserved the nomination. He really captured Draco’s mind set and energy in the sixth book perfectly.

Posted by lessthan on May 14, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Q94006713_thumb

Awwww that was so sweet of him! If I ever go to Harry Potter’s set, I promise to give you a hug, Tom. Awww. How cute. I’d love to meet him too

Posted by Purple Lavenders *ROAR* on May 14, 2010, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I like him very much. I would definitely meet him if i get the chance( ofcourse along with dan rupe and emma). dont worry tom youve got fans too. as for the deleted scene, it would have been spectacular but the problem with it was mentioned already.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on May 15, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I’m glad they cut the “cheeks out” scene — it wouldn’t have been appropriate for the series. (Although, I’m sure it would have been hilarious!!!)

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I rather do wish they had retained that original scene from the Goblet of Fire!

Posted by Kirk on May 15, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

who wouldnt love tom?

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on May 16, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Tom Felton is great. He’s so nice to the fans.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on May 16, 2010, 02:42 PM report to moderator

The reason he did not transform back naked is because it was not canon. No where does it say any such thing besides it would hurt the ratings.

Posted by hewy on May 16, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Picasion
1919 Points

hahah wide angle lense!!! to bad they cut that scene :( lol

Posted by JackMeggers on May 31, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator

"[Malfoy] insulted my parents," snarled George. "And Harry's mother."[br]"But instead of leaving it to Madam Hooch to sort out, you two decided to give an exhibition of Muggle dueling, did [br]you?" bellowed Professor McGonagall.