Alan Rickman Finishes "Deathly Hallows" Filming

Rickman Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 09, 2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks to Snitch Seeker we can tell you about a recent interview with Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) in which it is confirmed that Rickman has completed filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The International Herald Tribune interviewed actor and director Alan Rickman about bringing Creditors to New York City's Brooklyn Academy of Music after a two year break since the play's original London run. Rickman's role in the Harry Potter films is mentioned briefly:

Mr. Rickman, who is known mostly as an actor despite several acclaimed turns as a film and theatre director, was less eager to discuss his own career. Not that it is bereft of interesting developments. The day before, for example, Mr. Rickman, 64, had just finished filming the final "Harry Potter" movie. His portrayal of the slithery and surprising Severus Snape has brought him fame as never before, making him into one of the world's most celebrated movie villains, a thrilling antihero to the Potter-mad masses. But in his own mind Mr. Rickman had merely jumped form one intense experience to another, and he was thoroughly focused on "Creditors."
Snitch Seeker has scans of the full interview in their galleries, including a new photo of Rickman directing Creditors. The play opens on the 16th of April at the Brooklyn Academy of Music; as we previously told you, Rickman will take part in a pre-performance Artist Talk at BAM's Harvey Theatre on the 27th of April at 6pm. Tickets to the 45 minute Artist Talk cost $10 and can be purchased at this link.

Many thanks again to Snitch Seeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman Interviews News

Dsc08839_2_thumb

This is heartbreaking. He is Severus Snape, and Snape was a hero. I’m not entirely sure how I’ll be able to handle Snape’s death in Deathly Hallows.

Thank you SO much, Alan Rickman.

Posted by radish_earrings on April 09, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__thumb
42083 Points

We will miss you Snape. You were the most complex and real character in the entire series.

Posted by RandomPottΣrInk (^HISS^) on April 09, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Wow…this is really ending. How depressing.
I’m excited that we will all watch it together at LC11 though.

Posted by Lysh on April 09, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

He’s all done playing Snape?! It can’t be! In my mind Snape will always live on… Alan Rickman plays him perfectly and I only wish he understood how wonderful he is to be a part of the HP series. Everything is coming to an end so fast! :(

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 09, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

ohh i didnt want him to finish filming the more snape the better he he

Posted by LilLadySnape on April 09, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

aw i feel like crying..
its almost over. :/

Posted by ronlvr44 on April 09, 2010, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

Snape is my all-time favourite book caracter. I love him with all my heart – always have (from day 1! Even though my HP friends hated him with all their might and tried several times to convince me to join them) and always will. To quote my friend RandomPotterInk he was indeed “the most complex and real character in the entire series” and I just loved the portrayal Alan Rickman gave this brilliant caracter. Mr Rickman really got what Snape was all about… Thank you so much for all you’ve presented us with!!! We’ll miss you, Alan! You’re a fabulous actor…

Posted by Madam Snape on April 09, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator

So sad that the end is near…but dying to see the film interpretations!

Posted by Dawna on April 09, 2010, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Wow…we knew this was coming….but still..it’s hard to see it end! I can’t imagine anyone else portraying Snape as perfectly as Alan Rickman….Great Job!

Posted by Rin68nyr on April 09, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

OMG, it does seem to have a finallity to it. This has been a huge part of our lives. Alan Richman we all salute you. I can also say with conviction that we will all cry when we watch Professor Snape’s final scene with Harry. Alan Rickman you did a remarkable job. You performed Prof. Snape just how I pictured him. Tears, tears, tears, tears.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on April 09, 2010, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

When there is a series of films, I wonder if there will be Oscar nominations for the ‘body of work’ that is the Harry Potter series: I have heard that his performance in the finale is noteworthy, so perhaps Mr. Rickman will merit a nomination after DH part 2 is released… I hope the role is meaty enough, but if Robin Williams can win for Good Will Hunting, I think Mr. Rickman should be in the running.

Posted by Caracticus on April 09, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I should clarify that I think Mr. Rickman should be nominated for Best Supporting Actor for DHpart2 in recognition of his work throughout the series. I thought that but I guess I should have typed it, too :-)

Posted by Caracticus on April 09, 2010, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

OMG!!! Is sad to know that he ended filming cuz that means Snape is dead!!! =/

GREAT ACTOR ALAN!!! =D

Thank you Alan Rickman for a brilliant portrayal of a most complex character. Will cry when the final Snape scene is on the screen that is a given. Do not like to think about “THE END”! Too, too sad!!!!!

Posted by hewy on April 09, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

I’m not surprised that he didn’t really want to speak about Potter, especially since he’s focused more on his directing. I would really love to see a full interview once all the movies are out, however.

I’ve always valued Mr. Rickman’s opinion on things. He is an incredibly talented actor and I am very pleased that he had achieved the role of Severus Snape. There will never be anyone to replace him. Ever.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on April 09, 2010, 10:51 PM report to moderator

"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted...[br]"Sorry about that," said Ron, his face reddening with anger. "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."