Chris Rankin to Finish Filming "Deathly Hallows" in May

Rankin
Posted by: Rosi
April 07, 2010, 02:05 PM

Earlier this week, Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley) and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) were among those to speak on the Harry Potter Day at Leeds Young People's Film Festival. In a follow up interview about the event, Chris Rankin mentioned that he was due to finish filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" shortly. Talking to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Rankin said, "I finish filming mid-May so there's not long to go. It will be strange and very sad to say goodbye."

The Percy Weasley actor also described the Hyde Park Picture House - where the Harry Potter film marathon took place - as "the cinema which time forgot." Rankin remarked that it was "fantastic" to see grandparents and grandchildren together at the event, "enjoying the films as a family." You can find the article on the Yorkshire Evening Post website, at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rankin News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

First! :D

At least its not May yet. Lol, but it will be very sad when it is May. :(

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on April 07, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

It will be very sad when there are no more HP movies to await!! I was already sad bc there were no more books:( I have nothing else to look forward to:(

Posted by JessSnape on April 07, 2010, 02:52 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

So far it’s not the end for me. I keep listening to the HP audio cd’s over and over. Myself and my co-worker listen to them at our leisure as we drive home from work. I’ve listened to all seven books at least about three or four times. At this time I’m on HPHBP and my co-worker is just finishing HPDH. No I think I’ll just keep going with my HP audio like the “energizer bunny”. But I know I’ll be sad to break up as the family they have been throughout the years. Maybe they will think about having a HP family reunion once a year; that way if some can’t make it one year then they may be able to make it the next year.

Posted by molly43 on April 07, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

corr’n: So far it’s not the end for me. I keep listening to the HP audio cd’s over and over. Myself and my co-worker listen to them at our leisure as we drive home from work. I’ve listened to all seven books at least about three or four times. At this time I’m on HPHBP and my co-worker is just finishing HPDH. No I think I’ll just keep going with my HP audio like the “energizer bunny”. But I know It’ll be sad to break up as the family they have been throughout the years. Maybe they will think about having a HP family reunion once a year; that way if some can’t make it one year then they may be able to make it the next year.

Posted by molly43 on April 07, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
G_thumb

aww so sad that its gonna be ending filming :(

Posted by llamatiger on April 07, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

awwwwwe

He will be done Mid May but if the 9 years later scene is really shot last there will still be a little more filming after he’s done.

Posted by gingerr_kat on April 07, 2010, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

so sad and happy and just confusing
but i love it

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 07, 2010, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Awww!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a sad day!!! =/

Ron1_thumb

Aw, that’s next month ): So sad!

Posted by Christine on April 07, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

*I’m nto crying I’m not crying I’m nto crying awwww I’m crying and besides the obvious…I dont’ even know why! =( *

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 07, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Image

i dont want it to end

Posted by magicmaniac on April 07, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Wow! That must feel so odd for them to say that they won’t be filming for that character anymore…

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 07, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

They sound so heartbroken…… “I finish filming mid-May so there’s not long to go. It will be strange and very sad to say goodbye.”
In my opinion I agree also, saying goodbye to the character you have been recognized throughout the world as for ten years is just so horrible.

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I look forward to seeing him give his final performance as Percy!

Posted by Kirk on April 07, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[The egg] was hollow and completely empty -- but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. The nearest thing to it Harry had ever heard was the ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday par