Rhys Ifans on Working with Evanna Lynch in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 05, 2010, 06:42 PM

We Are Pop Star has released an interview with actor Rhys Ifans in which he discusses working with on-screen daughter Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).  The actor, porting Xenophilius Lovegood in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, speaks to the wealth of knowledge Miss Lynch holds about the Harry Potter series, by saying:

"She's amazing," he said.  "If there's a question on set -- and they have a plethora of researchers and people who've read the books -- but if anyone needs to know ANY miniscule detail about anything that has happened in any Harry Potter novel from start to finish, they ask her.  She knows it all.  So it was quite intimidating.  I was working with this expert in Harry Potter.  But she was a joy to work with.  All of them, all of the kids or whatever you call them, it was just a great couple of weeks."
Mr. Ifans goes on to speak of the honor it is to work on the Harry Potter films, and of his inability to truly discuss his role in the film.  The full article can be read right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Presentation1_normal_thumb

I love Evanna. She’s wonderful and she really deserves to be in the DH.
Can’t wait to see her and Mr. Ifans. =)

Posted by chRiStiNe [(ROAR)] on April 07, 2010, 09:08 AM report to moderator

i think that evanna and rhys will be perfect as father and daughter can wait to see them together :D

Posted by lsplevin on April 07, 2010, 01:01 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

so cooolll! i love that most of the actors are true potterheads!! <3 evanna

Evanna is perfect for the part of Luna. This is going to be a great movie!

Posted by Mischief.Managed on April 08, 2010, 01:35 AM report to moderator
Emma-w-emma-watson-8833950-100-100_thumb

Its a real comfort to know we are in good hands with Evanna. Its really great to have an amazing fan right there in the making of the movie, love Evanna I really think she nailed Luna I wouldn’t give the role to any other actor

Posted by cOoLiO_bEans1494 on April 08, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Dh_poster_high_res_thumb

They couldn’t have found a better Luna! I love Evanna — it’s so easy to see how much she “gets” her character!

Posted by elsabetharia on April 08, 2010, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_1_thumb

Evanna is a true Harry Potter fan.I’m really eager to see Mr.Ifans in The Deathly Hallows!

Posted by HP_crazy on April 09, 2010, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

I hope they have Muriel’s line about Xeno looking like an omelot!! One of the best lines in DH!! Always cracks me up!!

Posted by Nwrosey on April 10, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I’m sure he will be amazing!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 11, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator

I love Evanna Lynch! She’s such an amazing Luna, and she’s so much like us: the diehard HP fans who anyone can ask and we can answer! People at school and my neighbor (also a huge HP fan) say that other than my appearance, I’m just like her! (Except for the fact that she has an awesome Irish accent! I’m jealous! :D)

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on April 12, 2010, 07:46 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Good Luck Rhys Ifans :)

Posted by blessi on April 14, 2010, 05:30 AM report to moderator

He rolled up his sleeves, brandished his wand, and bellowed, [i]"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!"[/i][br]It had absolutely no effect; one of the pixies seized his wand and threw it out of the window, too.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014