Rhys Ifans on Working with Evanna Lynch in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 05, 2010, 06:42 PM

We Are Pop Star has released an interview with actor Rhys Ifans in which he discusses working with on-screen daughter Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).  The actor, porting Xenophilius Lovegood in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, speaks to the wealth of knowledge Miss Lynch holds about the Harry Potter series, by saying:

"She's amazing," he said.  "If there's a question on set -- and they have a plethora of researchers and people who've read the books -- but if anyone needs to know ANY miniscule detail about anything that has happened in any Harry Potter novel from start to finish, they ask her.  She knows it all.  So it was quite intimidating.  I was working with this expert in Harry Potter.  But she was a joy to work with.  All of them, all of the kids or whatever you call them, it was just a great couple of weeks."
Mr. Ifans goes on to speak of the honor it is to work on the Harry Potter films, and of his inability to truly discuss his role in the film.  The full article can be read right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Safe_image_thumb

I agree iam glad she part of such beautiful creation.

Posted by Picazo on April 06, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Rhys Ifans is really cool … I am so excited about him being in DH. It’s funny that someone as big as star as him could feel intimidated by Evanna Lynch’s knowledge lol. But, she is just so awesome and, her love of all things HP and of her character really show in the way that she brings Luna alive.

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 06, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Film_dh_trailer_dhpt1_0122_thumb

Love Evanna~!!!

Posted by Fabulous_luvwatson_HP on April 06, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I guess they need researchers because Evanna isn’t always around! lol

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 06, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

I just had a vision of Evanna Lynch with her lion hat shouting at the movie crew “YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG!” :D

Well, maybe not shouting, as Luna doesn’t shout. It’s really great to see a big fan of the books playing a character (and isn’t she perfect as Luna?)

Posted by Iceholic on April 06, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I am glad that Rhys is playing Xenophylius Lovegood, and that he has Evanna Lynch as his mentor. She will teach him everything he needs to know about the world of Potter!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 06, 2010, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

It’s cool that a hardcore fan like Evanna got a part in the movies!

Posted by DarthWeetzie on April 06, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As glad as I am that he enjoyed working with her, I also envy him for that!

Posted by Kirk on April 06, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! that is so cool!!! I think he will be terrific in the role!!!! I can’t wait to see at least the first half of Deathly Hallows!!!!! lol and then I will want to see the second part instantly right behind it!!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on April 06, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator

I seriously can’t wait for DH!!

Posted by on April 06, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That would explain how she did the character of Luna Lovegood so well. She is a big expert on Harry Potter, some may even call her obsessed……

Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

Evanna is fantastic! Love her :)
and I bet Rhys will do a good job as her dad

Posted by aval on April 06, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Peepingtom_thumb

I love Evanna Lynch, she’s perfect as Luna! I’m so glad they recruited her, a dedicated fan of the series, as Luna!

Posted by lunarmage on April 06, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Evanna is so perfect I can’t picture anyone else playing Luna. Glad that people are enjoying working on the films.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 06, 2010, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Whomping_willow2_thumb

she is awesome!!! Im glad she plays Luna! I could never see anyone else!

Posted by WillowSauce on April 07, 2010, 01:46 AM report to moderator

"My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas... most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass... and perhaps