J. K. Rowling Reading at White House Easter Egg Roll Today

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
April 05, 2010, 11:00 AM

J. K. Rowling's reading has commenced, please see the above post for complete coverage.

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is set to read today as part of the Annual White House Easter Egg Roll at 1:30pm - 1:45pm EST and again from 2:00pm - 2:15pm EST.  As Leaky first reported last week, the author will be reading from her first novel, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, at the largest public event held in Washington DC each year, is set to host 30,000 from each of the fifty states.  Live streaming coverage of the event can be watched right here on Leaky, or via www.whitehouse.gov/live.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Can’t wait to watch! thanks Leaky!

Posted by Jacket on April 05, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Grrrr I can’t tell if the questions are any better this time round because it keeps freezing =( Ahh weel the teeny weeny bits I can hear are cool! =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 05, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Wow that was awesome! And live! :D

Thanks Leaky!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 05, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator

I only just caught the last bit but ayay! what a nice post-birthday treat!

Posted by Another Weasley on April 05, 2010, 02:45 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

She said red head instead of ginger.

Posted by Egor on April 05, 2010, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Oh WOW! I love watching and hearing her read Harry. I cried when they were asking her the simple questions,we have heard it over and over, but it never gets boring.‘Why does Harry have that scar?’,etc.And of course she can’t answer it being it might give it away for those who haven’t read. HP7 her fav book,she misses Dumbledore the most.And loved writing about Snape. I would agree with all of that! Leaky please have both videos on here! I didn’t get to see the first part,they had it on the wrong page,and you couldn’t go to where she was. Please! Love you Jo! :)

Posted by Dlcohm7 on April 05, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Choices_thumb

I love how Jo patiently answers the same questions over and over again when a new child asks it. She is wonderful!

Posted by dillypoo on April 05, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator

Here’s hoping that Leaky will have this on line for those of us not able to watch live.

Posted by hewy on April 05, 2010, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

Aww, I love story time so much! That one little blonde girl with the ball cap in the front waited very patiently for her turn.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on April 05, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I can’t believe I ’ve missed it! ……. :(

Posted by Carol Carvalho on April 05, 2010, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am upset that I missed it but have bookmarked the video for later viewing!

Posted by Kirk on April 06, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Why was i not informed j.k would be at the easter egg roll at the white house!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 06, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Ugh I hate that it’s now working for me =( Lucky kids.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 06, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator

I was in D.C that day!! And I was right around the corner, but I couldn’t go!!!

Posted by Fallen Angel on April 06, 2010, 09:46 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

Just watched this, it was great to hear the story through J.K. Rowling’s voice!

Posted by Rosie016 on April 07, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator

"Well, now we know what to do next time I can't manage a spell," Harry said, throwing a rune dictionary back to Hermione, so he could try again, "threaten me with a dragon. Right..." He raised his wand once more. [i]"Accio Dictionary!"[/i]