J. K. Rowling Reading at White House Easter Egg Roll Today

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
April 05, 2010, 11:00 AM

J. K. Rowling's reading has commenced, please see the above post for complete coverage.

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is set to read today as part of the Annual White House Easter Egg Roll at 1:30pm - 1:45pm EST and again from 2:00pm - 2:15pm EST.  As Leaky first reported last week, the author will be reading from her first novel, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, at the largest public event held in Washington DC each year, is set to host 30,000 from each of the fifty states.  Live streaming coverage of the event can be watched right here on Leaky, or via www.whitehouse.gov/live.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

woo break-it down Michelle Obama…you dance way better than your hubby :-D

Posted by Gryffindor51 on April 05, 2010, 01:18 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Ok I officialey love Justin Beiber even though his singing kinda sucks <3 =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 05, 2010, 01:25 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

cool, thanks

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 05, 2010, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

I can’t see anything either at whitehouse.gov/live or here

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on April 05, 2010, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

“Yes, I wrote this book.”

So cute!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on April 05, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator

Oh, lovely! :)

Posted by Mairéad on April 05, 2010, 01:56 PM report to moderator

She is just so wonderful!

Posted by jreineke3 on April 05, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Really enjoyed watching this! JKR is so sweet, I love her.

How do 5 year olds know about Twitter? O.o

Posted by Lucida on April 05, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

COOOL. iv just caught on to the end of that.

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 05, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Hahahaha “Did you write that!?” LOL
Oh my god I do love her soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much she is absolutley fabulous!!! Hahaha house elves are creepy.Hahaha that made me think of Sue!! Everytime the livestream froze my mom and i like freaked out!! Oh my god writing writing writing yayayayayayay! Hahah “yes I have been forced to tweet twice in my life” and so she writes “i am still writing” ooooh she is so fantastic!!!!!!Eeeeep this was sooo great!! Ooooh I love the ways she expresses the characters voices to it’s just…totally epic!!! Oh my god love her! Hahahaha =) <3333

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 05, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

hahahaha :) she is so adorable. "and the boy asked ‘whats your favorite color?’ and by the time he asked the tenth ‘whats your favorite…’ question, the teachers said ‘be quiet billy!’ " I LOVE JO!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 05, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

hey can you guys put it up in the leaky galleries after she’s done reading because its not working for me!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 05, 2010, 02:16 PM report to moderator

Haha! The children were adorable! But I do wish there were some der children asking a bit smarter questions! Maybe we’ll get dome good questions in the next round! :D I love Jo!

Posted by FGFG on April 05, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb
  • FGFG

I know right!! I mean I know they’re just kids but still…their questions were um not um very good. =) Eeeep!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 05, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator

Haha! The children were adorable! But I do wish there were some older children asking a bit smarter questions! Maybe we’ll get dome good questions in the next round! If not, oh well I just love that were hearing more from Jo! :D I love Jo!

Posted by FGFG on April 05, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator

Even though he wasn't speaking, [the quill] was dashing across the parchment, and in its wake he could make out a fresh sentence: [i]An ugly scar, souvenir of a tragic past, disfigures the otherwise charming face of Harry Potter, whose eyes --[/i][br]"Ign