New Books for Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
April 04, 2010, 07:48 AM

As it's a brand new month, our book clubs at the Leaky Lounge invite you to join them in reading a brand new selection of books. These book clubs are open to anyone registered with MyLeaky! Firstly, our Harry Potter Book Club is now reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The forum for the Book Club's reading of the fourth installment is full of discussions, quizzes and polls as you revisit the magic of the Quidditch World Cup, S.P.E.W. and the Triwizard Tournament. Follow this link to take part.

Secondly, our non-Harry Potter book club, Jo's Book Nook, is reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. Collins published The Moonstone in 1868 and it was one of the English-language's first detective novels. Jo's Book Nook also has quizzes, myriad character and plot discussions and much more. Take part at this link.

Happy reading!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

The-moose_thumb

Aww I love Jo’s Book Nook but, alas I havent read Moonstone. I really loved the BC that just ended, about The Little White Horse. It was interesting reading other peoples opinions about the book.
I think I might just have heard of the HPBC book though lol so, it will be fun to discuss it again. There is just so much to discuss and theorize about still, after all this time. I never get tired of discussing HP.

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 04, 2010, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

This should be interesting………..I think I’ll take part in the non-Harry Potter book club. I haven’t read moonstone yet.
Also……….SECOND!

Hpdh_thumb

love GoF

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 04, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

The Moonstone is a terrific book.

I just finished reading my way through the series, ending with Deathly Hallows late at night. Once you start reading the battle, it’s impossible to stop until the epilogue. Finding myself up late with the book made me remember reading through the night when it came out… Such good memories with Harry.

Posted by Agrippa1 on April 04, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I haven’t read the Moonstone yet, I think I’ll take part. I’ll see if I have time to take part in the HP discussion of GoF. I love discussing the series!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on April 04, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

im reading GoF right now, so i might join in if i have time

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 04, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Reading<3 if only I had mor time to read. Moonstone sounds interesting.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 04, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Gary_oldman_07-1-1_thumb

If anyone doesn’t have The Moonstone you can see an online copy at http://collins.thefreelibrary.com/The-Moonstone and look out for next month’s book, Robinson Crusoe.

Posted by Dreamteam on April 04, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Green_sea_turtle_thumb

Oh! Thank you, I will read it online. I enjoyed the discussion about The Little White Horse very much. It will be very nice to be in another Book Nook.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on April 05, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I have to start taking part in the forums and the book clubs. It sounds really fun, and probably a good way to meet friends!

Posted by Smitch on April 05, 2010, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

With finals approaching in a month for school I am afraid I would struggle to participate in these conversations! However, I do hope to join in them once I am relieved of school for a few months this summer! _

Posted by Kirk on April 06, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

You know, I’ve never joined in the book nook but I usually read their recommendations. I’m reading GOF at the minute though so I’m going to join in

Posted by KiwiMcI on April 07, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Gary_oldman_07-1-1_thumb

KiwiMcl, Smith, Buttefly Boy and others, please do come and discuss, we’d love to see you in there and if you don’t see a topic about the current book that fits what you want to say please feel free to start a new topic.

Posted by Dreamteam on April 08, 2010, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

aww cute

Posted by alicia00 on April 08, 2010, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

oh

Posted by alicia00 on April 10, 2010, 10:02 PM report to moderator

...Hermione and Ginny started requesting their favorite noses.[br]"Do that one like a pig snout, Tonks..."[br]Tonks obliged, and Harry, looking up, had the fleeting impression that a female Dudley was grinning at him from across the table.