More on "Deathly Hallows" Epilogue from Rupert Grint and Tom Felton

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 30, 2010, 07:42 PM

There is a brief report online today from a recent set visit the Philippine Daily Inquirer made to the set of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  The article, which can be read right here, features a short discussion with Harry Potter actors Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) regarding the long-anticipated Epilogue scene, where their characters, nineteen years later, send their children off to Hogwarts.  Quoatege:
Like Rupert, who had scenes with a boy actor who plays his child (“The kid looks just like me!”), Tom Felton also acted with a youngster who portrays his offspring. “It was bizarre, nerve-wracking and poignant at the same time, because it reminded me of how I began,” pointed out Tom, who is as nice in person as he is evil as Draco Malfoy.
The article continues, with comments from Potter producer David Baron, who notes that "There are three sensible places where we can do the split."  Actor Robbie Coltrane also speaks briefly to the extensive makeup process to become Hagrid, while Mr. Grint again speaks to the kiss he will share with actress Emma Watson in the film.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Ohmygods! I so can’t wait ….but i don’t want it to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on May 02, 2010, 05:12 PM report to moderator

That was a great interview all around. Robbie has such a wicked sense of humor, he was so perfectly cast as Hagrid. The trio and Draco won’t have aged that dramatically after all it’s only 19 years not 39 years.
Tom Felton is such an adorable young man but the guy who changed his name and built a replica of Malfoy Mansion has to be about 2 bubbles off plumb.

Posted by hewy on May 02, 2010, 06:17 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

I really hope they split the film when Xeno says “Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?”; and then they zoom out the house window up into the sky while playing Hedwig’s Theme. :)

Posted by Potter_Puella on May 02, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i love getting news about the ending and knowing all they are keeping from the books! its fantastic!!!!!!! it gives me reasurence they are doing things “correctly”!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 03, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

it all most over :(

Posted by alicia00 on May 03, 2010, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Hp_pic_of_me_thumb

Where is that picture from? I keep seeing it….it says hermioneroomicon. Is that from the movie?

Posted by Ruby Hagrid {WBM} on May 03, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Can’t wait to see how the epilogue turns out hope its good! :)

Posted by IloveDobby on May 04, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

“Two bubbles off plumb”? Oooh, good expression, Hewy… I know a LOT of juicy synonyms for “not right in the head,” but that one is new to me (and I even went to owner/builder school and learned a lot of “carpenterisms”!). Is it British? I’m definitely going to have to find places to use it. Thanks!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 04, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

My goodness… I can’t wait for this movie to be done and to actually begin to see trailers… and the countdown to get closer… and get dressed up to go to the midnight showing… and see it again the next night… and discuss the movie to no end with other HP fans… and argue about what changes were good and what should have been left as in the book… and to begin this process all over again because of part 2!!!

Posted by JessSnape on May 04, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This is great! The epilogue will definitely be in the Deathly Hllows movie, part 2. I can understand obsessing over the HP movies and books, but to build a Wiltshire mansion and try to emulate Lucius Malfoy is over the top! It is a good thing that Rupert Grint and Tom Felton are so grounded.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 04, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Music_life_thumb

Yea only 193 days!! I can’t wait!

Posted by awesomness25 on May 04, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Kick_you_ass_thumb

I want to see the trailer!

Posted by lttlmsravnclaw07 on May 07, 2010, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I’m so exciteddd :D

Posted by siriuslyamanda on May 07, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait! I wonder what they’ll do for Teddy lupin….

Posted by Airallia on May 08, 2010, 09:11 AM report to moderator

omg,, i’m reaaly so excited,,it’s so cool to see someone like you when ur a kid,,seems like youve meet ur future son,,haha:)

Posted by GrintFan on May 09, 2010, 11:04 PM report to moderator

"It was one of my more brilliant ideas, and between you and me, that's saying something."