Dan Radcliffe Prepares for Role in "How to Succeed In Business..." Musical Remake

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 30, 2010, 02:04 PM

The Daily Mail has a report online which notes that actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is currently undergoing daily singing lessons and frequent dance lessons in preparation for his upcoming role in the remake of the 1960s musical "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying."  The show's director, Rob Ashford, comments that:

"[Dan's] singing every day with a vocal coach in London and I've got my assistant putting him through his dance paces every other day. I'm covering all bases with Daniel - and he's delivering."
The article goes on to note:
Rose Hemingway, who has been cast opposite Daniel as his stage girlfriend Rosemary Pilkington, told me she did her audition with Daniel.
'He's been doing a lot of work and he's going to surprise people. He's not afraid to learn how to do things,' the 26-year-old actress from Philadelphia said.
Rehearsals for  "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" are set to begin in February.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

can he really sing and dance? i mean im so excited, but can he?

Posted by iamlordcarinax on May 02, 2010, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope he enjoys performing in this production and that he does a good job! Although I do wish I could attend a performance of this, I am afraid that as a college student I should probably exercise more prudence with the minimal finances I currently possess.

Posted by Kirk on May 02, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator

Singing I have no doubt he will be very good. He admitted when shooting the scenes for the Yule Ball that he had two left feet so the fact that he is doing so well with dance lessons speaks volumes about his ability to learn new skills. Go Dan you will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on May 02, 2010, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Gvc_thumb

When they bring back a musical on Broadway, it is called a revival not a remake. I saw this show years ago with Rick Nelson in the role that Dan will have. I don’t think you have to be a great singer to carry it off.

Posted by garyvc on May 02, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Slytheringirls_thumb
I just might see that. I’ve only seen one other movie he’s been in besides the Harry Potter series. He’s really developed into a pretty good actor.
Posted by AGlassyCountenance on May 06, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator