Rupert Grint on "Deathly Hallows" and "Cherrybomb" Films in New Interviews

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 03, 2010, 08:50 PM

Actor Rupert Grint has been making the rounds in recent days, promoting his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb."  During a number of interviews, the Ron Weasley actor spoke regarding the long anticipated Silver Doe scene from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  Speaking to Total Film Magazine, he said briefly makes mention of scene, saying, "There's always hours of waiting about when you're filming and on the last film we did a lot of outdoor scenes at a pond last February which was freezing. I hate getting my face wet and we had to change out there, too. Those were hours of pain and darkness."

Mr. Grint continued, speaking in regards to finishing filming the series, by saying, "I think as the years have passed, Ron and I have blended into one person. It's weird because the final filming day is coming up and I'll have to say goodbye to him. I'm ready to move on--I'm looking forward to seeing what else is out there." The subject of filming for "Deathly Hallows" was breeched again in a video interview with ITN, where Rupert Grint confirmed that filming is set to wrap in June, and spoke more of his relationships with his fellow "Potter" costars.

Moving on to the subject of "Cherrybomb," Mr. Grint made comments about the adjustment period he faced when first working on this new and more mature project, as well as the "culture shock" he faced "doing a lower budget film."  The full interview can be viewed right here, while scans of the April 2010 issue of Total Film are available via our Image Galleries.

"Cherrybomb" is set to be released in theaters on April 23.

Many thanks to our Order partner, RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

0322091528_thumb

Rupert seems so down to earth. I hope he does well in other films.

Posted by taoist1 on April 04, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

No matter what I see him in he’ll always be Ron to me…

Posted by Jacket on April 04, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Wow in June they finish that is so sad! =( Will CherryBomb be released in the US?

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 04, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love you Rupert <3

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 05, 2010, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

It’s nice to hear from Rupert as I don’t feel like we hear about him very often. I think his acting has improved tremendously over the years as well.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on April 05, 2010, 01:11 AM report to moderator

Wow, he looks really young in that picture! His face, I mean, it looks just like the one from the first movie! :)

Posted by xoniamhox on April 05, 2010, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I love him! He’s going to enjoy years of success, I think.

Posted by Smitch on April 05, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Meh, awkward interview

Posted by Smitch on April 05, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

hours of pain and darkness? well that sounds intense lol :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on April 05, 2010, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

lol that people always want to know if hes a real ginger

Posted by KC Nox on April 06, 2010, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am going to feel immensely upset when they officially announce that filming has ceased. After years of following filming, to learn it is all over is going to distress me, as did the release of the last book.

Posted by Kirk on April 06, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Just because he said ‘on the last film we did a lot of outdoor scenes at a pond last February which was freezing’, on the last one doesn’t mean that the silver doe scene will be in Part 2. Since they filmed everything all at once and out of order whenever they say in this one Number 7 they mean both parts together.

Besides we already know that the film is going to be split around the Malfoy Manor scene. Most likely right as they arrive at Malfoy Manor, but if they decide to change the end during editing then it may be after Dobby’s burial.

Posted by decarus on April 06, 2010, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow grate

Posted by alicia00 on April 08, 2010, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Emma-w-emma-watson-8833950-100-100_thumb

Wow. It just gives me a reality check reading that article because it has made me realize that the series is nearly over but at least the loyal Harry Potter fans will keep this amazing series alive. I shall make a promise to read this amazing series to my kids and make sure that Harry Potter lives through many generations of children. I really do look forward to Dan, Emma and Rupert’s work as they are all talented actors :)

Posted by cOoLiO_bEans1494 on April 08, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awww… I hate that they all have to leave!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 11, 2010, 03:42 PM report to moderator

[i]"Accio!"[/i] Harry yelled, pointing his wand at the Triwizard Cup.[br]It flew into the air and soared toward him. Harry caught it by the handle --[br]He heard Voldemort's scream of fury at the same moment that he felt the jerk behind his navel that mea