Rupert Grint on "Deathly Hallows" and "Cherrybomb" Films in New Interviews

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 03, 2010, 08:50 PM

Actor Rupert Grint has been making the rounds in recent days, promoting his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb."  During a number of interviews, the Ron Weasley actor spoke regarding the long anticipated Silver Doe scene from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  Speaking to Total Film Magazine, he said briefly makes mention of scene, saying, "There's always hours of waiting about when you're filming and on the last film we did a lot of outdoor scenes at a pond last February which was freezing. I hate getting my face wet and we had to change out there, too. Those were hours of pain and darkness."

Mr. Grint continued, speaking in regards to finishing filming the series, by saying, "I think as the years have passed, Ron and I have blended into one person. It's weird because the final filming day is coming up and I'll have to say goodbye to him. I'm ready to move on--I'm looking forward to seeing what else is out there." The subject of filming for "Deathly Hallows" was breeched again in a video interview with ITN, where Rupert Grint confirmed that filming is set to wrap in June, and spoke more of his relationships with his fellow "Potter" costars.

Moving on to the subject of "Cherrybomb," Mr. Grint made comments about the adjustment period he faced when first working on this new and more mature project, as well as the "culture shock" he faced "doing a lower budget film."  The full interview can be viewed right here, while scans of the April 2010 issue of Total Film are available via our Image Galleries.

"Cherrybomb" is set to be released in theaters on April 23.

Many thanks to our Order partner, RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Ron is Rupert and Rupert is Ron…lol. :)

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on April 04, 2010, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Well all good things eventually come to an end.

Posted by Girlraven1 on April 04, 2010, 06:42 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AWE….2 MONTHS….OH DEAR…. Where is Jo? we need her now, its going to be tough, not that the same cast is going to be used for her totally different book…idk, its sad….its like what dumbledore said about death “a whole new adventure”
ah!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 04, 2010, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It will really take some time for the people to see the trio in a non-hp role… It was even weird for me when I saw Rupert riding a bicycle in “The driving lessons” .. I was like "Ron, where’s your broom?

Posted by vandy[FTC] on April 04, 2010, 07:43 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Goood luck for the future Rupert !!! :) x

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on April 04, 2010, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

Ron’s to immature to be in a mature film! Hahahaha

Posted by Nwrosey on April 04, 2010, 09:29 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Whether or not Ron is too immature to be in a mature movie, Rupert Grint is mature enough and, after his awesome role in Driving Lessons I dont think that anyone can doubt his ability to completely and convincingly act in a more mature movie.
Wow it really got to me though when Rupert said: I think as the years have passed, Ron and I have blended into one person. It’s weird because the final filming day is coming up and I’ll have to say goodbye to him.
Oh my gosh it is going to be so tough for them and, for us, too. I think I will just have to be delusional and not accept that it’s coming to the end …

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 04, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

I wonder if the British film industry will be able to survive the end of the Potter Era. It has been like the biggest make-work project ever. I get so disappointed when I see the low budget cheap looking tv-movie style stuff…..

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on April 04, 2010, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It must be heartbreaking for Rupert to say goodbye to Ron forever after the Deathly Hallows end. Everyone has been so accustomed to him being Ron Weasley that it kind of makes me squeamish when I see him in another role.
But, alas, a kid’s got to grow up one day or another. I’d like to watch Rupert in his new role in Cherrybomb.

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

he’s always so sweet,but bad hair cut, Rupert my darlin

Posted by Matea on April 04, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

After living with (as!) Ron, Hermione and Harry for such a huge chunk of their lives, I think Rupert, Emma and Dan will feel an emptiness inside for a while once they wrap in June…. It’s been amazing to watch the actors grow as the Trio grew.

Posted by Agrippa1 on April 04, 2010, 11:33 AM report to moderator

There’s much more Rupert Grint news this week, video interviews and such, but I guess the topics are too mature to post here.

Anyway, while I will always love Rupert’s portrayal as Ronald Bilius Weasley, he’s earned the right to pursue other opportunties and be considered as more than just Ron.

I’ve seen Rupert as Ron in the HP series, as Alan in Thunderpants, as Ben in Driving Lessons, and Malachy in Cherrybomb, and those roles never overlap to me. I can’t wait to see him as Tony in Wild Target and I hope that he has a long career fill with other characters.

Posted by AJWC1 on April 04, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

lol culture shock i’m sure haha! they are prob treated like royalty on the set of HP and he prob has to fend for himself on a low budg film

Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

it’ll be weird to see him in another film other than HP,in “driving lessons” i kept expecting hermione to come around the corner. he’ll always be ron weasley to me :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on April 04, 2010, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. cant w8 till DH. must be really sad about parting with HP for them

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 04, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I -- WANT -- TO -- TALK -- TO -- HARRY -- POTTER!"[br]Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Vernon jumped and held the receiver a foot away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of mingled fury and alarm.