"Deathly Hallows: Part II" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 28, 2010, 07:28 PM

In a press release regarding a new twenty picture deal IMAX recently secured with Warner Bros., mention is made of an IMAX 3D release for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" when the film arrives in theaters in July 2011.  "Deathly Hallows: Part II" is listed among the twenty films WB has agreed to release in 3D IMAX as part of this new agreement.  Readers will recall last February, WB officially announced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Part I" would be released in 3D, as well as in traditional 2D form.  WB's President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman is quoted in the press release as saying:

"Our track record with IMAX has been incredible, and incorporating 3D into this collaborative effort will serve as the ultimate experience for our audiences.  We are extraordinarily proud of our forthcoming slate and eager to offer these films to audiences in the most premium of movie-going experiences."
The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is set to be released on November 19, 2010, while Part Two will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I was sure they would make a 3D version of the second part) anyway, great news! It will be difficult to get tickets to the IMAX on the first day of screening… )))

Posted by Pollytomat on April 29, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator

Great, 2 HPmovies in 3D, I can’t wait to see them.

Posted by Evagirl on April 29, 2010, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Hurray!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on April 29, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb
I was dissapointed when only the first couple scenes of HBP were in 3D, don’t get me wrong I thought those HBP 3D parts were awesome! I hope that DH 1 & 2 have more 3D parts in them. YAY!
Posted by Rosie016 on April 29, 2010, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

further win

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 29, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW THAT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on April 29, 2010, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

OH MY!! Battle of Hogwarts in 3D!!! How amazing will that be?!?!? I am more excited now than I was before:D

Posted by JessSnape on April 29, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1_movie_poster_thumb

That will be so cool! The last two movies of Harry Potter must be the best movies of all. The series is over and I think there must be something that make us remember it with good things. The best, not just an ordinary movies.
Can’t wait for those movies!!

Posted by RavenCha-Potter on April 29, 2010, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww fantastic

Posted by Emmaria on April 29, 2010, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

I’m glad some people are very excited about the 3D. I’m not really. Dear LeakyCon planners, please have an option for people who want to see the film in 2D (if you can, because you’re probably at the mercy of the park). Thanks!!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on April 29, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Not really surprsing, but cool all the same! I will see it in 2d though. :)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 29, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

But they’ll also be releasing it in 2D, won’t they? It only says Part 1 will be released in both formats, nothing about Part 2. I really hate 3D and will be very upset if they force people like me to deal with 3D.

Posted by DeliaDee on April 29, 2010, 03:01 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

In my opinion if it’s live action and wasn’t filmed in 3D then it shouldn’t be shown in 3D. I just don’t see the point in compositing it later. It always looks slightly out of focus

Posted by KiwiMcI on April 29, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

I’m not sure if I’ll go see it in 3D. I’ve only seen one 3D film (Avatar) and I got a headache after 15 minutes which lasted the rest of the film. I might risk it if I take some tablets with me because I don’t want to miss out.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on April 29, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! I have always wanted to see HP in 3D! Both movies will be awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 29, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator

"I didn't put my name in that goblet!" said Harry, starting to feel angry.[br]"Yeah, okay," said Ron, in exactly the same sceptical tone as Cedric. "Only you said this morning you'd have done it last night, and no one would've seen you... I'm not stupid,