"Deathly Hallows: Part II" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 28, 2010, 07:28 PM

In a press release regarding a new twenty picture deal IMAX recently secured with Warner Bros., mention is made of an IMAX 3D release for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" when the film arrives in theaters in July 2011.  "Deathly Hallows: Part II" is listed among the twenty films WB has agreed to release in 3D IMAX as part of this new agreement.  Readers will recall last February, WB officially announced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Part I" would be released in 3D, as well as in traditional 2D form.  WB's President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman is quoted in the press release as saying:

"Our track record with IMAX has been incredible, and incorporating 3D into this collaborative effort will serve as the ultimate experience for our audiences.  We are extraordinarily proud of our forthcoming slate and eager to offer these films to audiences in the most premium of movie-going experiences."
The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is set to be released on November 19, 2010, while Part Two will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Leonidascantread

WHAT A SURPRISE !

Posted by iampadfoot on April 28, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I’m not sure how I feel about 3D! They give me headaches, and I’m sort of worried that they’ll focus more on the 3D than… I don’t know. I’m just worried that by trying to add, they’ll really be taking away, but in any case! If it does go well, then awesome. :D

Posted by violet_light_ on April 28, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I’m pretty sure that I will definitely see both parts in IMAX 3-D because 3-D movies these days are so much better than they used to be, that’s why 3-D movies are all of a sudden more popular! I’m so excited for DH!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on April 28, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

this was expected as Part I is gonna be in 3D why are they not gonna make Part II? Can’t wait for both movies tp come out even though I dont want all this to end!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on April 28, 2010, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I’m both excited and a little sad to see dates listed for the final two films! I’m actually kind of glad they moved Part II to July instead of May now, because it gives me a bit more anticipation time!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 29, 2010, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

YESSSSSSSS!!!! HAHAH!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 29, 2010, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Wow! that would be great seeing the spells fly all around and the characters coming alive. hope they have many special effects. cant wait to see it but at the same time i cant help feeling sad for the movies are ending

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 29, 2010, 03:39 AM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

It was obvious though…but still i would prefer watching in the traditional way and then go for the 3d…it would be great then!
Fingers crossed!!

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on April 29, 2010, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool !!! Gotta watch it!! Bring it on! Yeah :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on April 29, 2010, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Great! The 3D part of HPB was too short.

Posted by Girlraven1 on April 29, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Good…

Posted by Nicci Weasley on April 29, 2010, 05:01 AM report to moderator

Retro-fitted to 3D? Whats the point? Cant help but think 3D is a industry ploy to stop people copying films.

Posted by hereward on April 29, 2010, 05:09 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Wow! Hogwarts Battle in 3D! AWESOME!
I’m going to Dubai next year for HP 7 – part 2! It’s gonna be coooooooool!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on April 29, 2010, 05:52 AM report to moderator

im sorry but this is news how? just b/c the first press relase didnt mention part II? we knew they were both going to be 3D

Posted by hallowman on April 29, 2010, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Woah. Exciting stuff =D

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on April 29, 2010, 07:05 AM report to moderator

"I have a theory, no more than that... It is my belief that your scar hurts both when Lord Voldemort is near you, and when he is feeling a particularly strong surge of hatred... you and he are connected by the curse that failed," said Dumbledore. "That is