Pass Under the Archway into Hogsmeade at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
Posted by: Edward
April 27, 2010, 03:32 PM

Universal Orlando has released a new image from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction, showing the brick archway entrance to Hogsmeade.  Now available in our Image Galleries, this high res image showcases what appears to be a wrought iron sign reading "Hogsmeade," the image also features the crooked, towering, and snow-covered skyline of the magical village.  An accompanying caption for the sign reads:

As guests pass through the arch into Hogsmeade at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they will be immediately transported to a world of wonder, excitement and adventure. While exploring the cobbled streets of the highly themed environment, they will encounter iconic locations from the Harry Potter books and films, like the Hogwarts Express, Ollivanders and the majestic Hogwarts castle.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to have its grand opening on June 18, 2010.  Stay close to TLC for the very latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Buckbeak_thumb

Very exciting!

Posted by Girlraven1 on April 27, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Awesome!!!!!

Posted by Brianna on April 27, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

A picture in front of that will be scrapbook material!

Posted by SigmaKnight on April 27, 2010, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

Very exciting! I know it’s not related to the picture mentioned in this news story, but when clicking on the link I also saw the picture of Hagrid’s hut. It reminded me how I wish the hut was made of wood not stone, as it is described in Jo’s books! I know it is specifically referred to as a wood house in book one (when discussing that Hagrid is raising a dragon in a wooden house) and book six (when it is torched by Death Eaters). I guess they’ve modeled the buildings of Hogwarts after the WB versions of them!

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on April 27, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Exciting and awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 27, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

yay and everything, but thats not anything new, really

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 27, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

Oh man I can’t wait to go. Would it be lame of me to wear my robes? I don’t care, I’m going to wear them anyway :p!

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on April 27, 2010, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds amazing! I can’t wait till the Wizarding World actually opens!

Magic-book_thumb

I am going there in May! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! My sister is excited even though she doesn’t like HP!

Posted by Dreamer on April 27, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Truly incredible! The authenticity of the park continues to astound me.

Posted by Kirk on April 27, 2010, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_loxhxnpc7a1qjbryso1_r1_500_large_thumb

I can’t wait to go!!! :)

Posted by MissingHedwig on April 27, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

So excited!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 27, 2010, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

The park is gonna take the world by storm..i am not sure if i m gonna make it there but i know it would be supercool!

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on April 27, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on April 27, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

yes!! this is just looking more excellent as time goes on. i really hope they have left spaces for themselves to add more things…like possibly the leaky cauldron and the rest of diagon alley? :D or maybe they will create another park, like a sister park, in england/scottland, and do diagon alley there? jo has certainly created a world of which has endless possibilities. and i hope they know that we will all gladly lend our money to experience these things. they have no shortage when it comes to fans.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 27, 2010, 09:58 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire.