Potter Conference Expeditious 2010 to Take Place in Michigan May 14-16

Conventions
Posted by: Edward
April 20, 2010, 12:54 AM

This May 14-16, Michigan Harry Potter community The Fifth House will be hosting Expeditious 2010, a weekend-long fan conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, featuring programming on such fandom related entities as fan fiction, wizard rock, and cosplay, as well as traditional academic discussion about the novels.  Kicking off with a quidditch tournament at Eastern Michigan University on Friday, the main events and ball will take place on Saturday, May 14th at the Courtyard by Marriott, with a leaving breakfast on May 15th.

Leaky's own webmistress Melissa Anelli will be Saturday's keynote speaker, while programming that day will also include presentations from Travis Prinzi of thehogshead.org, Freya Fridy of wizrocklopedia.com, and Wendy Moy Ransom.  Wizard rock performances from The Remus Lupins and Tonks & the Aurors will also take place, as will "owl and bird presentations from the Howell Nature Center, Quidditch hosted by the EMU Flying Squirrels Quidditch Team, and of course, a ball with dancing, live music, and more!"

Registration for Expeditious 2010 is open now and costs $60, with optional $5 additional ticket to Melissa Anelli's keynote speech. Registration will be open until May 7, or until the conference is sold out.  Full information can be found via www.thefifthhouse.org.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

Wand_thumb_thumb

I live in Ohio but I am not sure I’ll be attending such short notice but I am going to try maybe it could be an early b-dat present from my husband lol Roar

Posted by Roseann on April 20, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

So close but so far. only thing in my way is $65 and transportation :( oh well

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on April 20, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I wish I could go SSOOO MUCH!!! Unfortuntely I work and live miles away :( Cheers to all who DO get to go!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 20, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Looks fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 20, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

oh my god i live 1/2 hr away from there i want to go so badly!!!!!!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on April 20, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I wish I lived closer :(

Posted by da_member0808 on April 20, 2010, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope everyone going to this conference has a wonderful time exchanging ideas and sharing their love for Potter.

Posted by Kirk on April 20, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator

I’m going WHOOT WHOOT!!! :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on April 20, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish things like this happened closer to me…

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 20, 2010, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Darn to bad that is not near me.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 21, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Sounds like an awesome time! Wish I could go. But, what is cosplay? Sorry for my ignorance…

Posted by Smitch on April 21, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

oh.,.,.,can’t wait.,.,.that sounds exiting.,.

Posted by tjerriam on April 22, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator

The symbol nis definitely cool. It’s the sort of thing Luna would wear!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on April 22, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator

I wish that I could go!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on April 22, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

cool logo

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 23, 2010, 12:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I tell you all this... not to turn you against Horace -- or, as we must now call him, Professor Slughorn -- but to put you on your guard. He will undoubtedly try to collect you, Harry. You would be the jewel of his collection; 'the Boy Who Lived'... or,