Potter Conference Expeditious 2010 to Take Place in Michigan May 14-16

Conventions
Posted by: Edward
April 20, 2010, 12:54 AM

This May 14-16, Michigan Harry Potter community The Fifth House will be hosting Expeditious 2010, a weekend-long fan conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, featuring programming on such fandom related entities as fan fiction, wizard rock, and cosplay, as well as traditional academic discussion about the novels.  Kicking off with a quidditch tournament at Eastern Michigan University on Friday, the main events and ball will take place on Saturday, May 14th at the Courtyard by Marriott, with a leaving breakfast on May 15th.

Leaky's own webmistress Melissa Anelli will be Saturday's keynote speaker, while programming that day will also include presentations from Travis Prinzi of thehogshead.org, Freya Fridy of wizrocklopedia.com, and Wendy Moy Ransom.  Wizard rock performances from The Remus Lupins and Tonks & the Aurors will also take place, as will "owl and bird presentations from the Howell Nature Center, Quidditch hosted by the EMU Flying Squirrels Quidditch Team, and of course, a ball with dancing, live music, and more!"

Registration for Expeditious 2010 is open now and costs $60, with optional $5 additional ticket to Melissa Anelli's keynote speech. Registration will be open until May 7, or until the conference is sold out.  Full information can be found via www.thefifthhouse.org.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

Headshot_thumb

So close, yet so far. For me. I like their badge/symbol icon thing.

Posted by Lysh on April 20, 2010, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Bullet_thumb

Can’t wait! I’ll be there

Posted by TerieB on April 20, 2010, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Nice logo

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 20, 2010, 02:34 AM report to moderator

Why can’t they do it somewhere close to where I live! I live in swizerland, completely isolated! Even if it was in the UK i’d go! But that’s to far…Argggggggggg…“Life isn’t fair…”

Posted by Airallia on April 20, 2010, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome!!!! i live in indiana!!!!!! finally something close! to bad i just spent $60 on converse i think im going to have a hard time weasling another 60 from my mum!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 20, 2010, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

That sounds like a lot of fun and a great oportunity to meet a lot of Harry Potter lovers. To all those who’ll be able to attend to this, ENJOY!

Posted by Madam Snape on April 20, 2010, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Josfan_thumb

This May? As in, less than a month from now? Why are we only hearing about this now? I live in Michigan, and the short notice will probably prevent me from going.

Posted by Brightsong on April 20, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts-on-fire-harry-potter-13911978-1900-1200_thumb

I am going to this, my University is putting it on and I am on the Quidditch team!
Brightsong, I am not sure why they are just posting it now. Tickets went on sale in February (with a $10 discount) and it was announced that Melissa would be the keynote speaker at least a month ago. Hope you can make it!

Posted by clayzy4hp on April 20, 2010, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

woo doesn’t Sue live in Michigan? I hope she gets to go and we hear all about it : D

Posted by BellatrixGranger on April 20, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

I want to go so bad because I’ll be in that area at the time! But I just can’t afford the extra $60 right now :o(

Posted by BookNookKara on April 20, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Why does this all have to be in the US?
Just my luck :/

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on April 20, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Darn! They finally get one close to my home, and I am teied on those dates already!! FOOO.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 20, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Wish i could come to the convention. but got exams. :(:( Anyways i hope itll be lots of fun

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 20, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

hooray for more conferences now i just need one in ATL and im golden

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 20, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

sounds absolutely awesome. why is everything so cool going on in places i cant go to???

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 20, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry said good-bye to you," he said. "Didn't you hear him?... You aren't going to see your nephew till next summer," he said to Uncle Vernon in mild indignation. "Surly you're going to say good-bye?"