Putting Leaky Back into the Cauldron

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
April 02, 2010, 02:40 AM

As it's now April 2nd, we should probably come clean: As awesome as Glee is, we could never abandon that bespectacled boy wizard named Harry Potter and are still very much hosting LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida from July 13-17.  April Fools' Day is Leaky's traditional outlet for a day of well-mannered frivolity and, this year, Glee offered us the perfect soundtrack for the occasion.

April Fools' Day may be over, but Glee fans need not be disappointed: the site is here to stay.  The spoof has become the real Glee fan site, GleeCast.net.  Glee returns to the air April 13th, and the site will be frequently updated with features as that day approaches.

All of Leaky's events are the collaborative effort of a massive team of the most talented and dedicated people on the web.  April Fools' 2010 is no exception.  Please join me in thanking:

John Noe and Nick Poulden, for creating and programming our GleekyNews.com page; Alex Robbin, for his technical contributions in creating GleekyCon.com; our Leaky Lounge Tech Admin Rudi Gerber, for turning our traditional Harry Potter Common Room into a Glee Classroom; and Mods Sandara, Abbey, and all those who took vigilant watch over the GleekyLounge today.

Creating a new genre of music would not have been possible without help from the Ministry of Magic's Luke Conard and the Parselmouths' Kristina Horner, who, together, form ALLCAPS; Matt Maggiacomo from the Whomping Willows; and Alex Carpenter from the Remus Lupins.  Many, many thanks to you all!

Thanks also to Mr. Eastham's twelfth period band class at Buckeye Valley High School and Gleeky Girls Emily Edwards, Hannah Brooks, Rachel Spain and Christine Kimble.

Last but certainly not least today would not have been possible had it not been for two people: Jordan Edwards and Devan Kestel.  This awesome duo first conceived the idea of GleekyCon and helped design, edit, reedit, resize, upload, write, code, compose, film, debug, render, photoshop, and bring this event to life in innumerable and extraordinary ways.

Jordan works as the Lead Graphic Designer for LeakyCon 2011's Media and Communications Team, while Devan is its Lead Technical Guru.  Their work ethic is second to none and-- let me tell you-- if you liked what you saw today, just you wait till you see what they have in store for you for LeakyCon 2011.  It is a true honor to call these two people my colleagues here at Leaky.

Time now for a steaming hot Triple Plenta Non-Fat Capp from Starbucks, for the real LeakyCon 2011 updates are on their way; stay close Leaky and LeakyCon.com for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Slytherin_girl_thumb

Glad you’re back! :D

Posted by LadySidi on April 02, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Imagesca3rqab7_thumb

STARS ABOVE!!!! A little bit of me( a big bit of me) died when I saw Gleeky News…Then I looked at the date and took back any harsh words towards Glee.
HaHa. Happy April Fool’s Day…I am no longer boycotting Glee.
Major respect towards those involved in the prank. =P

Posted by Madira Ulthar on April 02, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_7_pose_thumb

I didn’t fall for the joke but I still liked it. Very clever and cute! You guys crack me up!

Posted by crushonlupin on April 02, 2010, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Hahah! I thought I was on the wrong site yesterday! I kept thinking “where did leaky go? what’s happening?” It was very entertaining though!

Posted by Jacket on April 02, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

OMG i was so freaked out and mad that some one had changed it. it didnt even come to mind that it was April 1 lol nive prank though

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on April 02, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator

Thank heaven you’re back, ’cause Gleeky was freaky!

Great job, you wacky pranksters. :)

Posted by Jillxoxo on April 02, 2010, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

THANK YOU everyone at Leaky, for the amazing April Fool’s joke, it was hillairous! But I’m still SOOOOO glad that Leaky’s back now :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 02, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Fearbeardpullen_thumb

that was so cool though i was scared at fist but then i started cracking up

Posted by unopoo65 [ITC!] [ROAR!] on April 02, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Do you have ANY idea how scared I was when I got on here and it said GLEEY.COM!? I was hyperventilating!!!!! I repmembered it was April Fool’s day later but OMG I was sooooooooooo freaked out. That was an awesooooooooooome prank but ahhhhhhhh! =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 02, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

OH MY GOSH!!!! you guys scared the hell out of me yesterday I was begging that it was just a prank and thank god for that =]

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on April 02, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator

glad that’s over. can’t stand glee. I forgot about aprils fools day…

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on April 02, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

awesome!!!!!!! best prank ever and a great way to celebrate the twins b-day, i loved it although i’m so glad to have potter and leaky back

Posted by Rowling Stones on April 02, 2010, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

haha that was so funny it just killed me. thankfully i remembered it was april fools before i logged in because previous years i forgot and got all freaked out. but thankfully i remembered. leaky you are so darn cool :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on April 03, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

haha coool’

Posted by alicia00 on April 03, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I knew it was April Fools day, but I was majorly ticked off. I was very tempted to just abandon your website for good and stick with another Harry Potter website. In fact, I’m still tempted. The other site also did several April Fools joke via posts that looked semi-real, but it was funny while this one wasn’t. I didn’t laugh at all at the gleeky concept, just upset and annoyed.

Posted by leigia on April 04, 2010, 04:05 AM report to moderator

Ron was pointing at the red envelope. It looked quite ordinary to Harry, but Ron and Neville were both looking at it as though they expected it to explode.[br]"What's the matter?" said Harry.[br]"She's -- she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly.