Rupert Grint on BBC Radio 2's Dermot O'Leary Show

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 19, 2010, 05:22 PM

Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) was interviewed this weekend on BBC Radio 2's Dermot O'Leary show. You can listen to the show again here on iPlayer at 1 hour 15 minutes in or, alternatively, you can find audio links of the interview for download at this link courtesy of our Order Partner RupertGrint.net.

In the interview, Grint discusses "Cherrybomb," filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," music festivals and much more. Grint also spoke briefly about the actors he has worked with over the years on the Harry Potter films:

You look at the list of people on Harry Potter, like Alan Rickman, and just everyone, every British actor, has done a bit in Harry Potter. Obviously when I was younger I didn't really know who these people were.
[On Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour)] I think he wore his own suits [in "Deathly Hallows"]!
Thanks again to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for the heads up!

We can also let you know that Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall) will be appearing on GMTV tomorrow (Tuesday) morning on British television channel ITV. Additionally, Rupert Grint will be making an appearance on GMTV on the 23rd of April between 7am and 9.25am to talk about his new film "Cherrybomb", which will be released in the U.K. that day. Many thanks for emailing in, Lisa!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will listen to the interview later when I am finished with my homework! That said, one cannot help but wonder about the attire of Rufus Scrimgeour now that we have learned that Bill Nighy chose his own clothing for the role…

Posted by Kirk on April 19, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

I am in love with Rupert Grint <3

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on April 19, 2010, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Rupert is doing a lot of promoting these days!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 19, 2010, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

Awesome!!!

Posted by LadySidi on April 19, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Maggie Smith on GMTV! Wow for the first time in my life I might actually sit down and watch it!

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on April 19, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I love Rupert’s interviews, he’s such a “keep calm and carry on” kind of guy! He has that peaceful tone of voice wich makes you feel like you’re talking to a very easy-going person… I just love him. And I’d love to see Maggie tomorrow. Too bad we don’t have GMTV here in Brazil. Oh well. Just one more thing to youtube!!!

Posted by Madam Snape on April 19, 2010, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

cant wait to check this out

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 19, 2010, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome!!!check this out.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 20, 2010, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Glad to see that Rupert’s out promoting his new films. Seems he never got the chance much with HP. He does seem to be a ‘laid-back’ kind of guy which is really great. He has a wonderful smile…we need to see it more!

Posted by beewell on April 20, 2010, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I hope Leaky gets a copy of Dame Maggie’s interview. She is my favorite actress by far. She has so much acting ability, one lift of her right eyebrow can impart information! .

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 20, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

haha. i love the suits bit. random

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 20, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

“I think he wore his own suits” =D

Posted by DarthWeetzie on April 20, 2010, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

Goodluck in your new movie best of wishes.ROAR

Posted by Roseann on April 20, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I need to find some time to listen to this.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 21, 2010, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Way to go, Rupert!

Posted by Smitch on April 21, 2010, 10:09 PM report to moderator

"Why do I have to study Occlu -- thing?" [Harry] blurted out.[br]"Because the headmaster thinks it is a good idea," said Snape smoothly...[br]"Who's going to be teaching me?"[br]Snape raised an eyebrow.[br]"I am," he said.