More On Wizarding World from Latest Issue of AAA Magazine

Fans
Posted by: Edward
April 19, 2010, 11:09 PM

The May 2010 issue of New York State's AAA Magazine has a short feature on the forthcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction which gives a few more details about what to expect at the theme park.  The article, which can now be read via images now online in our Galleries, notes that the experience will feature floating brooms as well as a lurking Moaning Myrtle throughout the experience.  Other details in the article include information about the four minute long interactive Forbidden Journey ride, the many objects available for purchase at the park, and the many details designers took from the films to create a fully immersive experience.

On a related note, some new images from the theme park have appeared online via a WWofHP fan site and give us some new looks at the signs and structures of the park.  The full collection of images can be found starting here in our Image Galleries.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will have its grand opening on June 18.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hpdh_thumb

Pottermania starts again…ihope

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 19, 2010, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I’m not going to be able to go there very soon but I’m going to as soon as I can!!! Probably january… oh well…

Posted by Madam Snape on April 19, 2010, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Lurking Moaning Myrtle…? O.o I’m very curious.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 20, 2010, 02:36 AM report to moderator

I so want to go on opening day; unfortunately, I will have to wait until fall.

Posted by hrhgnl on April 20, 2010, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Would love to go to the opening but I know it will be packed with HP fans among the other tourists. I want to enjoy this experience since it will be the only time I will get to go. Think I am going to wait and go next year…that way any bugs they have with anything will be worked out.

Posted by beewell on April 20, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

From the pictures and the article, it sounds as if they have done a wonderful job of recreating Hogwarts/Hogsmeade as a destination. the rides sound scary but fun, too! This is one muggle who can hardly wait to go!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 20, 2010, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I really want to go, but if I do it will have to be next year. I’m usually allowed choose a place to go to for a few days each year, but before I’ve only gone to England, so I hope asking to go to the US isn’t pushing it. :(

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 20, 2010, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

So excited to go there one day. I wish the park would be in Scotland though. Mainly because it would be esier for me to get there… :) But wouldn’t it be cool with REAL snow too? Exactly like in the movie!

Posted by DarthWeetzie on April 20, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

AWESOME. brooms and myrtle… xD

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 20, 2010, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

Ohhh boy I cant wait much longer for a butterbeer1111Need one now lol Roar

Posted by Roseann on April 20, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AH! i cant wait to go…some day!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 20, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome! I like the Moaning Myrtle idea!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 20, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

how fun

Posted by LilLadySnape on April 20, 2010, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Normal_09012004_thumb

I AM SO EXCITED!!! i’m going just a few days after it opens!! I can’t wait!!

Posted by sarahkaz on April 20, 2010, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I rather wish that I were to win the lottery in the next few weeks so that I could enjoy the pleasure of being able to visit the park and enter the Potterverse for myself for real as soon as possible.

Posted by Kirk on April 20, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator

"Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014