Two Video Previews for LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Game Now Online

Video Games
Posted by: Rosi
April 15, 2010, 07:00 PM

Two video previews of the upcoming LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 game - each featuring a wide selection of shots of the game itself as well as interviews with developers - are now online. The first video from GameInformer, which you can watch here in The Leaky Cauldron's Video Galleries,  includes shots of Harry, Ron and Hermione on the Wizard's Chess board, by Hagrid's Hut, in the Great Hall and more. Jonathan Smith, Head of Production at Traveller's Tales,  is seen describing the game as "the most beautiful, the biggest, the deepest, the richest LEGO environment we've ever created," while all of the developers speak of the importance placed on the immersive quality of the game.

The second video, courtesy of VE3D, can be seen in our Video Galleries at this link and focuses on the development of the personalities of the game's characters. The preview runs through a list of many of the characters included in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 and briefly shows clips of a number of them in LEGO form. Senior Producer Loz Doyle cites Fang as his favourite aspect of the game, "because he is animated in such a charming way; he can climb ladders; he digs; he whimpers; he's like a real dog." Flying is provided as an example of how the game distinguishes between characters' personalities; the developers compare Harry's visible skill on the broom with Ron's slower performance, "[pushing] himself along" in flight.

LEGO Harry Potter : Years 1 - 4 will be available on the 29th June this year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Rosie016, the Lego Harry Potter game will be available for PCs running windows. So unless you have a MAC or run Lynix, you can play the game.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on April 16, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I love the vids! The second one is my favorite. That’s really clever of them to have Harry, Ron, and Hermione have varying levels of broom control!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on April 16, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

coool. cant wait to get my hands on that game xD

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 16, 2010, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I am SO getting this game!!

Posted by JessSnape on April 16, 2010, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That is so awesome! It looks so real to the Harry Potter world! I can’t wait till it actually comes out!

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am absolutely convinced now that no fan of Harry Potter will find himself or herself disappointed by this game.

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2010, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Except for the movies and Jo’s future books this is the biggest Hp franchise I’m looking froward to. :D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on April 16, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It really looks good! Fang looks very realistic, not like the others who actually look like lego.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 16, 2010, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

Haha, yeah I heard about that new game when I was looking for the new Diablo release date. It’s hope it’s fun, I’m planning on getting it for my little cousin for his birthday!

Posted by hazel862 on April 16, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

I’ve got a few of the ordinary games but I’ve always rejected the idea of a lego version. However, watching those videos I think I may have changed my mind – they really do look so much fun. Does anyone know if they are releasing it on PS2? If not I don’t think I’ll be able to get it as I doubt I would have enough space on my computer.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on April 18, 2010, 07:48 AM report to moderator

This is gonna be the best birthday ever! Lego Harry Potter you’ll be with me in June!

Posted by HelenaHogwarts on April 19, 2010, 04:11 AM report to moderator

WOW! It’s out exactly on my birhtday! It’s

Posted by HelenaHogwarts on April 19, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Avatars-kix_thumb

I wish they didn’t delay the release date!

Posted by Nagini's dinner on April 19, 2010, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

GRATE

Posted by alicia00 on April 23, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...they heard Sirius tramping past their door towards Buckbeak's room, singing "God Rest Ye, Merry Hippogriffs" at the top of his voice.