Rupert Grint Talks "Deathly Hallows," "Cherrybomb," and Future Projects with the Independent

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 10:48 PM

A lengthy interview with actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been published by the Independent, featuring the young actor speaking to many subjects relating to the end of the Harry Potter films, his upcoming film, "Cherrybomb," and what the future holds.  Relating that the final weeks of filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" are eliciting "weird feeling[s]," he goes on to admit, "I never really thought it would end. I never really saw this day coming."  He continues, "I've loved every minute of Harry Potter.  Yes, it'll be quite sad to see it go. But I'm also looking forward to being a bit more free and seeing what else comes along."

The conversation moves to his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb," which is slated for release on April 23.  On the departure from his role in the Harry Potter films, Mr. Grint explains:
"It was quite scary. It felt like a massive step. Filming in a different country, with a different accent, a crew I didn't know... it was a little bit daunting...  It wasn't a conscious thing to do something completely controversial and shock people."
The article goes on to relate what film projects the future may hold for Mr. Grint.  Quoteage:
Yet it's clear he's not going to spend much time pining for Potter. Already making further provisions for removing the spell its cast over his life, due later in the year is Wild Target, a remake of the 1993 French film Cible Emouvante about an ageing assassin (Bill Nighy) suffering a midlife crisis. He plays Nighy's apprentice. "The character is closer to me than the one I play in Cherrybomb," he says. "I can probably relate more. He's quite laid back." So it's true then? "I suppose, yeah. I am quite relaxed. Not much fazes me. I don't get angry a lot."
Still, if Grint is looking for a role to eclipse Ron Weasley, he may already have found it. He's currently attached to a project to play Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, the British ski-jumping record holder who became a hero of sorts for finishing last in the 1988 Winter Olympics. "Nothing's final yet but I'm quite up for it. It's always been quite a big story in my family. My dad's always told me about the legend of Eddie the Eagle. He was a bit of a joke really. But he did actually jump, and set the British record." For the record, he's never skied in his life. "That might be a good thing!" he winks.
Many thanks to our Order Partner, RupertGrint.net

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

I love Rupert! :D I want to see Cherrybomb so much!

Posted by FGFG on April 16, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Sob. hope it all gose well for him.

Posted by The Nerd on April 16, 2010, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I think Rupert would do a good job in the role of Eddie the Eagle. Eddie was determined to get into the Olympics, and the story reminds me of the Jamaican Bobsled Team. Both were in it for the spirit of the Olympics, and the medals were not as important. Rupert has a comedic talent too that will be good in that role.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 16, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Glad he is thinking beyond HP for a career.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 16, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

we all totally support you Rupert.

Posted by Girlraven1 on April 16, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Harryserioustare_thumb

Always love when Rupert does an interview! Keep them coming!

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on April 16, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

it would be nice to see Rupert in other roles, but i just seem to not able to get over him as Ron. Yeah its sad that only 2 more potter movies are left :( i think they should make a documentary or something of that sorts covering all the crew. Any ways lets see how Rupert goes on for the future. All the best rupert.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 17, 2010, 04:48 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

It’s good to see that they are putting the effort in to make it look as if the trio have been on the run for a while. I couldn’t help laughing at the hair extensions part though :D

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on April 17, 2010, 06:31 AM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

All good things come to an end but it will be nice to see Rupert and the other actors in new and exciting roles.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on April 17, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

good luck rg!

love the avatar.

Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Rupert is at his best in ron..but he may prove himself in other roles that he is the best in terms of acting..
yeah rightly said guys..eddie’s role might prove epic for rupert! Good luck..

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on April 17, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Avpm_draco_thumb

It might be hard to see him in other movies!Because you will ALWAYS think of him as Ronald Weasley!I tried watching a movie with Michael Gambon, and I kept thinking “DUMBLEDORE!!!!!”throughout the WHOLE entire show!

Posted by s.snape2000(^hiss^) on April 17, 2010, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

It’s weird to me to think about the HP films ending- I had hoped the day would never come too!! But I am excited to see Rupert in other things, and he seems like a great guy. I’m kind of in love with him ;)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 19, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator

"My parents don't read the [i]Daily Prophet.[/i] [Rita Skeeter] can't scare me into hiding!" said Hermione.... The last time Harry had seen Hermione in a rage like this, she had hit Draco Malfoy around the face. "And Hagrid isn't hiding anymore! He should