Rupert Grint Talks "Deathly Hallows," "Cherrybomb," and Future Projects with the Independent

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 10:48 PM

A lengthy interview with actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been published by the Independent, featuring the young actor speaking to many subjects relating to the end of the Harry Potter films, his upcoming film, "Cherrybomb," and what the future holds.  Relating that the final weeks of filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" are eliciting "weird feeling[s]," he goes on to admit, "I never really thought it would end. I never really saw this day coming."  He continues, "I've loved every minute of Harry Potter.  Yes, it'll be quite sad to see it go. But I'm also looking forward to being a bit more free and seeing what else comes along."

The conversation moves to his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb," which is slated for release on April 23.  On the departure from his role in the Harry Potter films, Mr. Grint explains:
"It was quite scary. It felt like a massive step. Filming in a different country, with a different accent, a crew I didn't know... it was a little bit daunting...  It wasn't a conscious thing to do something completely controversial and shock people."
The article goes on to relate what film projects the future may hold for Mr. Grint.  Quoteage:
Yet it's clear he's not going to spend much time pining for Potter. Already making further provisions for removing the spell its cast over his life, due later in the year is Wild Target, a remake of the 1993 French film Cible Emouvante about an ageing assassin (Bill Nighy) suffering a midlife crisis. He plays Nighy's apprentice. "The character is closer to me than the one I play in Cherrybomb," he says. "I can probably relate more. He's quite laid back." So it's true then? "I suppose, yeah. I am quite relaxed. Not much fazes me. I don't get angry a lot."
Still, if Grint is looking for a role to eclipse Ron Weasley, he may already have found it. He's currently attached to a project to play Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, the British ski-jumping record holder who became a hero of sorts for finishing last in the 1988 Winter Olympics. "Nothing's final yet but I'm quite up for it. It's always been quite a big story in my family. My dad's always told me about the legend of Eddie the Eagle. He was a bit of a joke really. But he did actually jump, and set the British record." For the record, he's never skied in his life. "That might be a good thing!" he winks.
Many thanks to our Order Partner, RupertGrint.net

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

I loved hearing how he had hair extensions during the camping part of Deathly Hallows. I was wondering if the film makers were going to be true to canon with the boys’ hair longer as they spent months in the woods.

Posted by Deb25 on April 16, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

What a dear and darling boy he is. So handsome and charming! I just love him. He’s going to be successful. I know him and Emma are like brother and sister, but oh, wouldn’t they make a beautiful couple? I hate to craft people’s personal lives like that, but with them, I just can’t help myself! Lol.

Posted by Smitch on April 16, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator

I never got why their hair was longer in the books… wouldn’t they just give themselves a haircut with their wand? I’m sure Hermoine would know how to do it. Unless they just wanted to look like the rebels they were.

Posted by entoptic on April 16, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

im really glad hes doing all this new stuff. good luck

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 16, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

He’ll always be Ron to me. :)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 16, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

=D

The-moose_thumb

sigh It must be so weird for them because, HP has been a part of their life for so long. It’s weird and sad for me so, it must be a lot worse for them. I guess it’s a good thing that Rupert has so many other projects. He has already proven himself a worthy actor outside of the HP movies with his role in Driving Lessons. I’m excited for his new movies.

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 16, 2010, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I am also very sad to see the end of the HP era… I’m excited to see if Rupert is able to step into other roles… I hate to see when actors get pigeon-holed into certain roles:/

Posted by JessSnape on April 16, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It’s great that Rupert Grint is working on a new project besides Harry Potter. But I have to say it is heartbreaking watching Harry Potter end…….

That is so cool.

Posted by Mew5645 on April 16, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Wip_albus_and_minerva_by_maplethebully_thumb

I’m really excited for Rupert’s other stuff, however I’m going to miss the dressing up and waiting for the movie’s to come out. It also signifies the end of Potter which is making me cry. We’ve all been through so much together because of Potter and I’m not ready for it to end.

Posted by Scathach on April 16, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

“I never got why their hair was longer in the books… wouldn’t they just give themselves a haircut with their wand? I’m sure Hermione would know how to do it. Unless they just wanted to look like the rebels they were.”

It’s just immaterial. They have far more important things to think about like saving the world.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on April 16, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot imagine how dramatically the lives of the three principle actors will change upon finishing their work on the last two films. I wish all of them the best of luck as they approach their careers and lives outside of the context of Potter!

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Nice interview! I can’t wait to see all of his future projects!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 16, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

:( I wonder if Dan, Rupert and Emma will ever star in a film with each other again. I really really hope so. I mean, for them it’s like a massive family spliting up after over a decade, and after being through so much. I don’t think it’s really hit them yet, they seem to be trying to cherish every last bit.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 16, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]However, it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest.[br]"She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth-year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion