Rupert Grint Talks "Deathly Hallows," "Cherrybomb," and Future Projects with the Independent

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 10:48 PM

A lengthy interview with actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been published by the Independent, featuring the young actor speaking to many subjects relating to the end of the Harry Potter films, his upcoming film, "Cherrybomb," and what the future holds.  Relating that the final weeks of filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" are eliciting "weird feeling[s]," he goes on to admit, "I never really thought it would end. I never really saw this day coming."  He continues, "I've loved every minute of Harry Potter.  Yes, it'll be quite sad to see it go. But I'm also looking forward to being a bit more free and seeing what else comes along."

The conversation moves to his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb," which is slated for release on April 23.  On the departure from his role in the Harry Potter films, Mr. Grint explains:
"It was quite scary. It felt like a massive step. Filming in a different country, with a different accent, a crew I didn't know... it was a little bit daunting...  It wasn't a conscious thing to do something completely controversial and shock people."
The article goes on to relate what film projects the future may hold for Mr. Grint.  Quoteage:
Yet it's clear he's not going to spend much time pining for Potter. Already making further provisions for removing the spell its cast over his life, due later in the year is Wild Target, a remake of the 1993 French film Cible Emouvante about an ageing assassin (Bill Nighy) suffering a midlife crisis. He plays Nighy's apprentice. "The character is closer to me than the one I play in Cherrybomb," he says. "I can probably relate more. He's quite laid back." So it's true then? "I suppose, yeah. I am quite relaxed. Not much fazes me. I don't get angry a lot."
Still, if Grint is looking for a role to eclipse Ron Weasley, he may already have found it. He's currently attached to a project to play Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, the British ski-jumping record holder who became a hero of sorts for finishing last in the 1988 Winter Olympics. "Nothing's final yet but I'm quite up for it. It's always been quite a big story in my family. My dad's always told me about the legend of Eddie the Eagle. He was a bit of a joke really. But he did actually jump, and set the British record." For the record, he's never skied in his life. "That might be a good thing!" he winks.
Many thanks to our Order Partner, RupertGrint.net

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Image

SWEET FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SAD AND AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST BEING FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on April 15, 2010, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Image

Posted by magicmaniac on April 15, 2010, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I love how he tells us his true feelings, sob!!!! I can’t believe it’s ending too! He speaks for us all, these guys are going to be shedding many tears in the next weeks,few months.We will be joining them as well! They had better film the ending of making it ,hugging,crying ,etc.will help.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on April 15, 2010, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome for Rupert to be in the all these upcoming movies! Even though I love him as Ron, I’m excited to see him in other roles.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 15, 2010, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Arena_thumb

OMG!!!! I LOVE HIM!!! yes all of the fans don’t want that Harry Potter finished, noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! We Love Harry Potter!!!!

Posted by hiilsu-weasley-granger on April 15, 2010, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

I can’t wait to see him in other movies. It will be so different though :/

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on April 16, 2010, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Rav_thumb

I can’t believe it’s ending too! =(

Posted by Vanessa on April 16, 2010, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Interesting that he has to wear hair extensions for part 2 of DH.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on April 16, 2010, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

It’s the reality of the end of Harry Potter that’s got us all feeling depressed and sentimental, but I think it’s wonderful that Rupert’s already got his life planned ahead of him after Potter, as have Dan, Emma and Tom. It just proves that these guys aren’t just ‘one-hit wonders’ who don’t have careers after a particularly big franchise.

Posted by accioangela on April 16, 2010, 02:23 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

IT IS NOT ENDING! you cant make it end!
…y-you can? it—it will end no matter what i say?

hmmph. >:(

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 16, 2010, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

bittersweet feelings.
and eddie the eagle would be such an epic role

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 16, 2010, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i cant beleive it…its all going by so fast!!!! sob

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 16, 2010, 07:15 AM report to moderator

I hope they do make the Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards movie. I remember that guy. Yeah, he was pretty bad and he finished last, but I remember he was happy just to be there, to take part in the Olympics. If they can get the movie made, especially capturing Eddie’s attitude and exuberance, it could be a good sports bio, really helping Rupert establish a career beyond Ron.

Posted by zoltan42 on April 16, 2010, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

Good luck Ron and all the best to you. ROAR

Posted by Roseann on April 16, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

It would be great to have an Eddie the Eagle film, it is all about the spirit of taking part in something with no chance of reward, the proper Olympic spirit. He’s a real character, I’d love to see Rupert playing that part :D

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 16, 2010, 08:46 AM report to moderator

Before he'd had time to think, Harry had taken his eyes off the Snitch and looked down.[br]At least a hundered dementors, their hidden faces pointing up at him, were standing beneath him. It was as though freezing water were rising in his chest, cutting h