Confirmed: Dan Radcliffe to Return to Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

As Variety Magazine is now reporting, actor Dan Radcliffe will be making his return to Broadway in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."  Set to debut in the Spring of 2011, Variety reports:

Show reunites producers and creatives from the soon-to-open revival of "Promises, Promises." "How to Succeed" is produced by Broadway Across America, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, and will be helmed and choreographed by [R]ob Ashford.
An accompanying Playbill.com article notes that, "the original 1961 production earned 7 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Author and Best Score, as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Robert Morse earned a Tony Award for his performance as J. Pierrepont Finch.  The story follows a young window washer, who with the help of the titular book, rises to the top of the World Wide Wickets Company in New York City."

This news also comes following several reports late last year, as well as a December table read which took place in New York City.  As readers will recall, Mr. Radcliffe is no stranger to the Broadway stage, for he starred with Harry Potter co-star Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) in the revival of the Peter Shaffer play "Equus" in 2008, following a successful run on London's West End.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Images_thumb

Yay for Dan! I want to see that now. It’s great to see him breaking free of the cookie-cutter mold and expanding his line of work.

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on April 15, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Image

LUCKY!!!!!!! I WANT TO SEE THIS BUT I LIVE IN CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on April 15, 2010, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Thats great that Dan is coming back to Broadway! He certainly seems to love it!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 15, 2010, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

I would love to go see this! Oh my lanta!

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on April 16, 2010, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Dan-hot_thumb

And it is official, I am planning a trip to New York as we speak! I am not missing this opportunity to meet him! Omg so happy it is in New York!! :D

Posted by cuteh888 on April 16, 2010, 01:35 AM report to moderator

Yay! I was hopeing this would work out!

Posted by lazykitty on April 16, 2010, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

I’d love to hear him sing again. I remember his performance at the Gypsies and I just loved that.

Posted by accioangela on April 16, 2010, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Will definitely have to make a trip to NYC to see this play.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on April 16, 2010, 07:07 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW I think that is just AWESOME!!! I will definately be looking forward to seeing it!!!!! I did see him in My boy Jack, and I am a big fan of course of Daniel Radcliffe from all of the Harry Potter Movies!!! and I have NO DOUBT he will do well in what ever he pursues!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on April 16, 2010, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Very interesting. :D

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

For those who want the story of the show and the synopsis, I recommend Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Succeed_in_Business

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on April 16, 2010, 07:51 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I saw Dan give a wonderful performance in Equus. Do I want to see him perform next as a song-and-dance man?? ABSOLUTELY.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 16, 2010, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Go Daniel! He’s awesome. Wouldn’t you love to see him on broadway? I think I’d have a fit in my seat!

Posted by Smitch on April 16, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Oooo…another reason to go back to NYC. Loved him in Equus and now I can’t wait to see him in this one. You go Dan! So glad they are doing this next year..gives me time to save up to go!

Posted by beewell on April 16, 2010, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

broadway? really? i dunno. watever, do wat you like dan….

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 16, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator

But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.