Confirmed: Dan Radcliffe to Return to Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

As Variety Magazine is now reporting, actor Dan Radcliffe will be making his return to Broadway in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."  Set to debut in the Spring of 2011, Variety reports:

Show reunites producers and creatives from the soon-to-open revival of "Promises, Promises." "How to Succeed" is produced by Broadway Across America, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, and will be helmed and choreographed by [R]ob Ashford.
An accompanying Playbill.com article notes that, "the original 1961 production earned 7 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Author and Best Score, as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Robert Morse earned a Tony Award for his performance as J. Pierrepont Finch.  The story follows a young window washer, who with the help of the titular book, rises to the top of the World Wide Wickets Company in New York City."

This news also comes following several reports late last year, as well as a December table read which took place in New York City.  As readers will recall, Mr. Radcliffe is no stranger to the Broadway stage, for he starred with Harry Potter co-star Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) in the revival of the Peter Shaffer play "Equus" in 2008, following a successful run on London's West End.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Picture_1_thumb

Yay Dan!!!!!!! Now I wanna see this…

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 15, 2010, 07:25 PM report to moderator

Broadway? Dang. Wish I could see. But hey, I love you Dan!!!!

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on April 15, 2010, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

So Cool Dan!!! =D i wish i could see it!! =/ But it doesn’t matter! I’ll watch it in youtube i hope!! XD Love you Dan!!! =D <3

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I love, love LOVE this show! (Catch the film version with Robert Morse, so funny!) And the revival with Matthew Broderick was great too. A perfect role for Dan!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on April 15, 2010, 07:44 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

anyone know what this show is about?? it sounds really interesting :) yay, dan for getting out there and doing more than hp! & even though hp is almost over we all still love you! :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 15, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I can not Wait to see this especially because Dan is in it woooohoooo!!!!!Roar

Posted by Roseann on April 15, 2010, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AWESOME!!!! IM GOING TO NYC this SUMMER!!!!!! and my mum wanted to see a show on broadway!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 15, 2010, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

maybe next year i can go see it (i just got the dates confused!)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 15, 2010, 07:53 PM report to moderator

Cool. I bet he does good. I’m not really in to that kind of stuff, but I bet it would be good with Dan.

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on April 15, 2010, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

WoW!! I’m super-excited!!! I hope I get a chance to see this!! :D

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 15, 2010, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Go Dan! So glad he is pursuing stage work. Keep broadening those horizons!

Posted by Lillylove on April 15, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome!! I can’t wait to see it! Dan is an amazing actor, so I know he will do the role justice!

Posted by cghambright on April 15, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator

I love this musical, and to see Dan in it will be even greater!

Posted by ethanHP on April 15, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

GO dan

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 15, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

This is great but I wish he was returning to the West End! Hopefully the show opens before I have to go back to Uni!

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on April 15, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator

"Well -- you know," said Ron, shrugging. "I'd rather go alone than with -- with Eloise Midgen, say."[br]"Her acne's loads better lately -- and she's really nice!" [said Hermione.][br]"Her nose is off-center," said Ron.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014