Warwick Davis on "Deathly Hallows" Split; Set to Finish Filming in June

Davis Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 10, 2010, 03:02 PM

Actor Warwick Davis is the subject of a new interview on SciFiNow.co.uk in which the Professor Flitwick actor discusses wrapping up filming on the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, as well as his thoughts on the decision to split the final installment.  Confirming that he will wrap filming in June, Mr. Davis relates that, after the first audition many years ago, he did not "know that it was going to become a part of my life for 10 years. It was 2000 then, it’s now 2010, and I’m still doing it."  He expands further by saying:

"I don’t remember a point in the films though, where we knew ‘Right, now we’re going all the way’. I just remember each time we were finishing, we were wondering if we were going to be back again. If I’d have known 10 years ago it would have been lovely."
On the subject of the final film being split into two parts, Mr. Davis says:
"I think it was good, because I think sometimes in the past we could have done that with the other stories, because they are so rich. I’m never actually disappointed… well, I am disappointed because sometimes it leaves my parts out… but I think the readership is sometimes disappointed. They’ll read in their minds, and in the later books certainly, you were starting to think ‘Ooh, I wonder what this is going to look like in the movie, I bet this will look fantastic’ and then when certain sequences weren’t in there, there was possible disappointment. So I think it’s a really good decision, because we can do justice to what is the last book and what is the finale of, if you take it as a whole saga, the end has to build..."
The interview continues with discussion of his past work, as well as the creation of his forthcoming autobiography, Size Matters Not: The Extraordinary Career Of Warwick Davis, set for publication on April 22nd.

Thanks to UHP for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis Interviews News

The-moose_thumb

This guy rocks my socks. He is just awesome and, I love that he thinks about how the fans feel, too. But, it’s so sad that another HP actor is talking about The End Of All Things. He brought so much to the HP movies, it’s always cool when an actor is a fan, too. I love that on his website he’s gotten into the whole fandom thing and, has a Snape’s iPod Playlist lol.
I am so buying his autobiography.

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 11, 2010, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Oh, he wrote a book? Must read!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 11, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

That is very true what he’s saying. I’m glad that they at least split the last one into 2.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on April 11, 2010, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

yeah, they couldv split some of the movies, you could fit so much more in them then…

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 11, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I love the movies Warwick Davis is in. To bad they cut some of his parts out. I still can’t believe soon it will all be ending.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 11, 2010, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Hope they had done this earlier in the series specially in 5 and 6 since they are much longer and more important.
5 because it shows how Harry and Voldemort are connected.
6 because of Voldemort past and how Voldemort became immortal
AND because its the most important book in the series since it is were Harry learns about his past and also how to finish Voldemort and most importantly FELL IN LOVE which was the reason for his survival in the end.
And also because character of GINNY is shown in detail and how she manages to win Harry or say How Harry FELL Madly in Love with Ginny and What is the reason for it.
But what they have shown in Movies is totally disappointing

Posted by blackhair on April 11, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I am so happy to see that he is coming back! I was totally worried! I can’t wait! I sort of wish they had split up the movies. Then they wouldn’t have had to miss out so much. Like the battle between the Death Eaters (book 6).I wish they had put more detail in the Harry/ Ginny relationship.

Posted by Dreamer on April 11, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

Posted by Dreamer on April 11, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

there is a load of truth in that

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on April 11, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love you Warwick Davis- you’re awesome! And I agree about the decision to split DH! And wish Flitwick had been in the movies more too :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 11, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

molly43,
I agree with you about Chris Columbus. I thought COS was close to the book, and I remembered thinking that the movies were getting better. Then Cuaron came along…arrgh. HBP was terrible, but my disappontment with POA was so great, that I stopped expecting the movies to be any good.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on April 11, 2010, 08:05 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

In my opinion they didn’t know if they would make the next film after one produced only in the beginning, because after the second film there were no more doubts about HP commercial success.
It would have been nice to watch 2 parts of 5th movie, it’s true. However, I absolutely agree with cuteh888… Actors are already adults and what it would have been like if they had made more films… )))
Anyway, I can’t wait to see Mr. Davis in DH!

Posted by Pollytomat on April 12, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 12, 2010, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

He’s right. I appreciate him for recognising the disappointment of the hardcore fans towards the various cuts in the movie(Specially HBP). I wish the other movies were also split into halves. Atleast half blood prince would have been split into 2. Some memories like The hokey’s one and the gaunt’s memory were left out. Even the memory in which Voldemort requests for the DADA teacher post too was left out.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 12, 2010, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

So true what Warwick said. I’ve been disappointed lot wiht things being cut out. Very happy DH is going to be in two part, the more the better when it comes to Potter.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 12, 2010, 04:31 AM report to moderator

"We swore when we took him in we'd put a stop to that rubbish," said Uncle Vernon, "swore we'd stamp it out of him! Wizard indeed!"