PotterCast 216: Do House Elves Lay Eggs?

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 01:16 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is here today to bring you its 216th episode of Harry Potter news, discussion, and fun.  First, the PotterCasters sort through the latest news, which include stories about Jo Rowling becoming a special edition Barbie doll, "Deathly Hallows" filming news from Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), confirmation of "Deathly Hallows" in 3D, Tom Felton's next film role, and an update about Helping Haiti Heal.  Following the news, Bit by Bit goes through the heartbreaking and beautiful twenty-fourth chapter of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," where the Trio plot out their next move against Lord Voldemort.  Next, Princely Pieces takes us through the next part of the sixth Harry Potter film where Harry and Luna disembark from the Hogwarts Express and enter Hogwarts.  Finally, the drums bring the end of the show, with

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Do House Elves Lay Eggs?"

• Latest in Harry Potter news.
  • Bit by Bit of "Deathly Hallows"
  • Death of Dobby.
  • Melissa wants to skip this chapter.
  • That bug is stuck.
  • I hug you!  I hug you!
  • Questions in the Drums.
  • John's Battle for Hogwarts role.
  • Helping Haiti Heal updates.
  • Follow our LeakyCon 2011 Twitter and become a fan on Facebook!
  • Reserve your copy of the LeakyCon Live Album now!

RT: 57:02
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Edith___thumb

will not watch in 3d, gives me headache too!!! I HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH MELISSA ANNELLI!!!! YAY!!!!!!~

Harryserioustare_thumb

Totally awesome!

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on March 09, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator

216 doesn’t seem to work for me. What is going on?

Posted by CatAlly on March 09, 2010, 10:27 PM report to moderator

i listened to this while in math and burst out laughing at the thought of dobby in a shopping spree montage!

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on March 09, 2010, 11:06 PM report to moderator

feels kinda silly The show works for me, just didn’t realize that it only started 40 seconds in. blushes

Posted by CatAlly on March 09, 2010, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

got the download and listening now!!

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 09, 2010, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

WOW I was just saying to my sister (DH Obsessed) the other day “Where’s PotterCast?” LOL

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 09, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

A new PotterCast!!! Hurrai! Made my day! Thank you! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 10, 2010, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Love the title!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 10, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

… I don’t know? Do house elves lay eggs?
I guess I’ll find out when I listen later on :)

Posted by pinkmoosely on March 10, 2010, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Rhr_thumb

Thank you Melissa, I hate 3D too. The glasses are annoying and I, too, get a headache from them.

Frak, hedgehogs are mammals but have live babies. The platypus and the echidna lay eggs.

Posted by troyalg on March 10, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I need to get that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dreamer on March 10, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

i just listened to this one last night :) i was quite exhausted though, so i will most likely listen to it again :)) i missed you pottercast!!!! :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 10, 2010, 09:07 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

you never answered the house elf question! like you talked about it but what do you three think…officially?? yes?? no?? maybe?? we want to know.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 10, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

Getting the notification that there’s a new Pottercast is the best part of every month! (or however often they come out…)

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on March 10, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator

"I still feel very sad about [her death] sometimes. But I've still got Dad. And anyway, it's not as though I'll never see Mum again, is it?"[br]"Er -- isn't it?" said Harry uncertainly.[br]She shook her head in disbelief. "Oh, come on. You heard them, jus

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014