Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Harry_potter_70_thumb

I think Ellen doesn’t realise how many precious little childfren there really are that know everything about Harry Potter!!! I think there shouldn’t be an age limit. Or, as GSG admitted, there will be a lot of polyjiuce potion going around!! :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on March 12, 2010, 04:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

Why do stuff like this always ask for children? Don’t they know that most Harry Potter fans are teens or in the twenties.

Posted by Verdande on March 12, 2010, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Photo02371111_thumb

lmao, is 16 a child?
probably not, oh well, i guess i could enter, but id probably choke up and run off stage screaming “I KNOW NOTHING!” XD

Posted by haleytttw on March 12, 2010, 10:14 AM report to moderator

The word is actually “precocious” and not “precious,” and it means unusual aptitude/maturity in a young child. I’m sure Ellen’s planning to feature kids, but since it’s a trip contest, you have to be 18 to fill out the entry information. My guess is that there WILL be many adults who try to enter themselves, though!

Posted by mominthemoon on March 12, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

uugghh..my parents are muggles. they wot understand.

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on March 12, 2010, 01:04 PM report to moderator
20040820-205rp_thumb

I am 27 and I entered anyway, whats the worst that can happen, nothing? I figured that they might have some non children on there, and hey, if there is a chance for a free trip, I am all about it!

Posted by queequeg on March 12, 2010, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Emma_t_thumb

Man, I JUST turned 18 :( this sucks…..
why do they assume the biggest Potter fan is a kid anyway..?

Posted by Delilah [ROAR] on March 13, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator

Like several other commenters, I’ve been wondering if there is an age limit to being a “precocious child”. I’m 21, but I’m really short. Does that count?
-Geek Squared 1307

Posted by Geek Squared 1307 on March 13, 2010, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Aw, again I wish I lived in the US!

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on March 14, 2010, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I’m 26, although I still consider myself a “precious little child”!!! I love Harry Potter and there’s a lot of folks who would appreciate that theme park and are above 18. I don’t think there should be an age limit… That’s so unfair…

Posted by Madam Snape on March 14, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator

That is so stupid. I am only 14, knows almost everything about Harry Potter books and movies and i can not even enter in it!! Unless one of my parents HELP me. Which i know nither will do. Who says I do not have the chance just because i am 14?!?!?! it does not seem right that the do not tell you where your info is going as well. That does not seem right as well.

Posted by sillyemma8 on March 14, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator

Hey people, for the record, it says, “PRECOCIOUS little child,” not "precious little child.

Big difference.

Posted by Fwanninator on March 16, 2010, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

All things Potter are a lot of fun. I am way past a child, but wouldn’t begrudge a child having a shot at a TV interview.

Posted by budgie on March 16, 2010, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Stuffs_018_thumb

I just signed up!! Thanks for posting this!!!

Posted by tonksariffic on March 16, 2010, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Oh man – I wish I could pass for a “little wizard”. Well, I could. Just an old one.

Posted by Smitch on March 21, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator

Percy could be heard telling the other prefects, "My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall's giant chess set!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014