Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

woot

Posted by madman1277 on March 11, 2010, 08:37 AM report to moderator

FYI: everybody is talking about if they are a “precious little child.” it says “precocious child”! There is a difference!
I can’t wait to see the entries!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on March 11, 2010, 08:47 AM report to moderator

Oooh! I should do this! I might… but lately I’ve had terrible luck, on numerous things, so my chances are slim to none, but its worth a try, right?

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on March 11, 2010, 10:44 AM report to moderator
11135458_gal_thumb

If only Ilived in the U.S.

Posted by samarah 18 on March 11, 2010, 11:44 AM report to moderator
11135458_gal_thumb

If only Ilived in the U.S.

Posted by samarah 18 on March 11, 2010, 11:44 AM report to moderator

SWEEEEEEET I am totally applying for this!! 16 is still a precious child right?

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on March 11, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

Aw, omg! im so gonna make my mom do this! :D

Posted by ronlvr44 on March 11, 2010, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I would try to enter but I will be so scared to be on television. God I hate being 13 :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 11, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

I have already emailed my mom, dad, and dad’s work email this so they can fill it out for me. OMG this is sooooooo cool. I definitely qualify for a “precious little child” i am only 13 :0 wouldn’t that be so cool if i was pick.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on March 11, 2010, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Ok so I’m 23, but I look like I’m 15 (no joke!) Think I could enter? lol- I agree with everyone else, the rules are a bit confusing!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 11, 2010, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

im only 20!!!

Posted by Beckster235 on March 11, 2010, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am seriously contemplating applying for this to represent the diversity that constitutes this fandom to the general media.

Posted by Kirk on March 11, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

I’m at 18 and I will for sure be entering!!!!! Precocious child? I"m the biggest child at heart!
Oh and I’ll have to make sure I mention my favorite harry potter news spot, THE LEAKY CAULDRON!!!!

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on March 11, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Choices_thumb

I figure if Ellen only wanted baby wizards then she would’ve put up an age line that couldn’t be crossed. I submitted my name. I’m a precocious 46.

Posted by dillypoo on March 12, 2010, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

To the 10 or so people pointing out that it is “precocious”, not “precious” (ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT ARE EXTREMELY RUDE ABOUT IT AND ACTING REALLY ARROGANTLY)- Everyone already knows! A couple of the handful of people in the first dozen posts who mistakenly used the wrong term commented again and pointed out that they used the wrong term and corrected it in their later statement. Quit complaining about people not reading things when you are to lazy to read their later comments. I used the wrong term, but I made another comment correcting myself. I also pointed out that I could have sworn that it said “precious”, not “precocious” when I first posted. Did any of you people think that maybe it did say “precious” instead of “precocious” at first, but was maybe changed (corrected) later? Does it not seem a little strange for so many people to use the the same incorrect term? Maybe you should not be such hurry to look and act superior because now you only look foolish and pompous. When did it become okay to put-down other Harry Potter fans? Is it now “cool” to be malicious to a fellow fan when they make an insignificant mistake? The atrocious behavior of supposed Harry Potter fans is why I hate coming to large HP sites like TLC because they seem attract people with horrible personalities and nasty attitudes like a rotten piece of meat attracts flies.

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 12, 2010, 02:25 AM report to moderator

Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in [i]Hogwarts, A History.[/i]"