Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

102_0119_thumb

That’s SO cool. I might enter. :)

Posted by Nargles18 on March 10, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator
250px-thestrals_1__thumb

ha im young enough in your face adults

Posted by Kneazle98 on March 10, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

grate but my mom wont allow it and y is everybody on this website like 19 – 30 years old geez

Posted by alicia00 on March 10, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Photo_thumb

Precocious child? Ya i’m 24 so I don’t think I’m elibible. But I definitely agree this wording is unnecessairly confusing.

Posted by Potions_TA on March 10, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator

I don’t think it’s really fair for those of us who were kids when Harry Potter started and are now technically young adults. I was 8 reading the first HP book. Now I’m just turning 19. Why can’t we participate in stuff like this when we grew up with the series? Really wouldn’t call myself a “precious little child” who hit puberty a long time ago. :(

Posted by Libby on March 10, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Rockstar_thumb

I grew a 5 foot long beard after I entered with my 21 years, so guys: only children ^^

Posted by Lord_V on March 10, 2010, 04:25 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

and when we were turning 18 we were so happy, so proud of ourselves… and now? our only wish is to become minors again and to take part in a contest))) Life is always a bit confusing))))

Posted by Pollytomat on March 10, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Th_th03_1__thumb

OMG I so want to do to this! I have always wanted to be on The Ellen show and now there is Harry Potter involved! woott!

Posted by ღ Courtney {R0aR} ღ on March 10, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator

I’m 28, but I think I could pass for a kid. Oh my gosh. I’m 28. I’m OLD.

Posted by Tall Tonks on March 10, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

Damn, I’d be PERFECT for this! If I only lived in the US…why do THEY get all the good stuff?? All Canada gets is the exhibition and book launches. ah well..

Posted by Owana Potter on March 10, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It should include other places too! Oh well, the show should be good!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 10, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

I’m SO getting Mom to fill out a form!!! (I’m just under the age limit!) I love Ellen’s show (I used to watch it all the time before I started High School and the school’s starting time was before 9:00) Anyway, I’m going to sign up now!!! Good luck all!!!

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on March 10, 2010, 05:12 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Guys it says PRE-CO-CIOUS child NOT precious! I’m 23, but like everyone else is saying this is worded so strangely that I can’t tell if any age is allowed to enter or not.

Posted by bella vita on March 10, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

i find it kind of confusing. are they paying for travel? i live far away, but can enter…

Posted by ProfessorAlice on March 10, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator

Hello???
Anyone reading the word would see it is precocious not precious…
1 : exceptionally early in development or occurrence
2 : exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on March 10, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator

"I [i]told[/i] you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of -- of scarlet woman!"[br]Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. [i]"Scarlet woman?"[/i] she repeated, shaking with suppressed giggles as she looked