Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Too bad it is just for children because most of the fandom is adults. I would love to do this even though I am 51 years old and not a child. All my co-workers know I am and let me know about HP happenings. They even try to find me gifts of HP that I do not have.

I do agree that the instructions were a little vague and should have been clearer to what would be expected. Hopefully they will clear it up soon. I can’t wait for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to open. I am taking my granddaughter with me and she will be thrilled. Couldn’t enter her for the Ellen show thing since she is only 3 years old but she sure does love to watch the movies!

Posted by beewell on March 10, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawkatie_thumb

Folks, it does not say, “precious child” it says, “precocious child.” A precocious child can certainly be a precious one, but the former is a bit more quantifiable.

Posted by Unknowable Room on March 10, 2010, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

Guys, it doesn’t say “precious”, it says “precocious” which is an entirely different word but doesn’t really alter the meaning of the sentence itself. Sorry, I’m a Grammar Nazi :P

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on March 10, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator

Offtopic: Hermione is losing a cage match against Jaime Lannister (a Muggle) of A Song of Ice and Fire series. Please, go and vote for her. She needs the support of all Potter fans :) http://www.suvudu.com/2010/03/cage-match-2010-round-1-15-jaime-lannister-versus-18-hermione-granger.html

Posted by MariaPaige on March 10, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Melissa should just send Ellen her book as an entry. :)
I would LOVE to see someone I know on Ellen!

Posted by Lysh on March 10, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

Well, why doesn’t someone tweet Ellen to find out if they’re looking for kids of all ages or just kids younger than a specific age?

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on March 10, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

that sounds awesome!! im 14, so no problem there!!!!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 10, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

good luck to anyone whos entered

Posted by BellatrixGranger on March 10, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

first time in my life that i wish i was younger. eighteen needs to be the new ten lol

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 10, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator

I agree that the call is as clear as mud. Would like more info. Also, I thought I might point out that they are inquiring about “precocious” children, not “precious” children.

Posted by cunningham7 on March 10, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator

Sorry, now i see someone had already pointed that out, so lets all pretend i"m not an idiot.

Posted by cunningham7 on March 10, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator

cool !!!!

Posted by Mew5645 on March 10, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator

cool !!!!

Posted by Mew5645 on March 10, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I love Ellen’s show and can’t wait to see who gets picked! Hope it is one of our younger members here on MyLeaky, if only I wasn’t 32 :-)

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on March 10, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator

quite awesome, would be splendid to go.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on March 10, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Before Voldemort could stick his snakelike face around the headstone, Harry stood up... he gripped his wand tightly in his hand, thrust it out in front of him, and threw himself around the headstone, facing Voldemort.[br]Voldemort was ready. As Harry shou