Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Picture4_052_thumb

OMG! Combining Harry and Ellen? joy
Wish I could enter!!!

Posted by joelface on March 10, 2010, 04:34 AM report to moderator
Fotosalon32_thumb

I was wondering the same with my 27… I’m afraid I’m just precious xD Some reversed ageing potion?

Posted by PaulaSui on March 10, 2010, 05:38 AM report to moderator
Fotosalon32_thumb

Lol! I mean precocious… Oh the subconscious of mine…

Posted by PaulaSui on March 10, 2010, 05:57 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Hey guys, what if I’m 20 and still a child!?!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on March 10, 2010, 05:59 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

All of you guys – ENTER. Who cares about the age!? :) We’re all die hard HP fans. We know the most about Harry, not some little cute kid.

Posted by Christine on March 10, 2010, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Josfan_thumb

I don’t know how many of us can be considered “precious” but we’ll ALL precocious!

I have five grandkids — I could enter one of them. I’ll just coach them.

Laurel from AtE

Posted by Brightsong on March 10, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I just realized that it is supposed to “precocious” instead of “precious”. I could have sworn that it said “precious” though. Maybe I am losing my mind. Who knows! LOL!

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 10, 2010, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Film_dh_articles_2010octempire_hires_3_thumb

I’m in my early 20’s and I’m going to enter the second I get home from work.

Posted by MoMuggle on March 10, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator

I’m going to enter. I’m 14…I’m pretty sure that’s still a child. Sorta. :-/ I don’t think the age really matters I think they just meant that alot of children read Harry Potter.

Posted by FGFG on March 10, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Me_halloween_thumb

I’m 23 and not sure if I should enter my information. Its awkward being a Harry Potter fan who grew up since the first book was released.

Posted by HugsForWizards on March 10, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Me_halloween_thumb

I’ll enter, I can’t resist. I love Ellen and HP too much.

Posted by HugsForWizards on March 10, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I find it annoying they only consider small children into HP. Since the books first came out over a decade ago there are many fans who are well! over the age of 18. Im only 23 and got into them late, but still it bothers me that they only want children when people are age care more then much much younger children.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 10, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

oops i ment to say our* age =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 10, 2010, 10:30 AM report to moderator
404804_2062699827530_1845759987_1336491_2063603037_n_thumb

it sucks that it’s only in the us

Posted by natalia96 on March 10, 2010, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Too bad it is just for children because most of the fandom is adults. I would love to do this even though I am 51 years old and not a child. All my co-workers know I am and let me know about HP happenings. They even try to find me gifts of HP that I do not have.

I do agree that the instructions were a little vague and should have been clearer to what would be expected. Hopefully they will clear it up soon. I can’t wait for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to open. I am taking my granddaughter with me and she will be thrilled. Couldn’t enter her for the Ellen show thing since she is only 3 years old but she sure does love to watch the movies!

Posted by beewell on March 10, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Flitwick's got rid of Fred and George's swamp," said Ginny. "He did it in about three seconds. But he left a tiny patch under the window and he's roped it off --"[br]"Why?" said Hermione, looking startled.[br]"Oh, he just says it was a really good bit of