Bill Nighy Talks "Deathly Hallows" to ITN

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 08, 2010, 04:04 PM

Bill Nighy has appeared in a video on ITN's YouTube channel in which he discusses his role in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The actor, who portrays Rufus Scrimgeour, spoke to the network briefly about the film, commenting that he was "pleased to be in it, and pleased to be working with Dan, Rupert and Emma, and with David Yates, the director, who I've worked with a great deal." Nighy described the set as "big, massive [and] friendly," partly as he "grew up with most of the people in it." "I thought I was going to be the only actor of a certain age who wasn't in Harry Potter," continued the actor, "and it turns out not to be the case so it's kind of cool."

Although he couldn't reveal his upcoming projects, Nighy also mentioned the upcoming release of "Wild Target," in which he stars alongside Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emily Blunt ("The Devil Wears Prada," "The Young Victoria"). You can find the video on YouTube at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Big? LOL He’s hilarious! He’s such a great actor, I cannot wait to see him in Deathly Hallows.

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 08, 2010, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Leaky_avatar_thumb

I’m so excited about Bill Nighy! He’s such a great stage actor, and he was absolutely hilarious in Love Actually.

Posted by Marielebone on March 08, 2010, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Mountains_2_a_thumb

Rupert Grint is going to be an assassin apprentice? It’ll be interesting to see him outside of HP. What’s with the movie biz putting out like 100 apprentice movies at once. Wierd.
P.S. Night plays great angry guy rolls, should do well in this part.

Posted by RomanBlack on March 09, 2010, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I enjoyed his role in Pirates of the Caribbean, so I’m hoping his brief appearance in DH will do him justice.

Posted by leigia on March 09, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW that’s great, I think he will make a WONDERFUL SCRIMGEOUR!!!!
I really can not wait to see the 1st part of Deathly Hallows!!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on March 09, 2010, 06:30 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Awww I can’t wait!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on March 09, 2010, 09:32 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Bill Nighy is just awesome. Like someone said on the previous page, I cant think of anything that he’s been in that I dont love. I have always imagined Scrimgeour as looking like Bill Nighy, ever since they announced he was cast I’ve been squeeing about it :D
It’s so cool that he is excited and happy about being a part of HP :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 09, 2010, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. its really hard 4 me not 2 see him as davey jones, though ;p

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 09, 2010, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

great cast

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 09, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

upcoming projects!! cool!!! =P

Hogwarts-night-castle-image_thumb

Bill Nighy was brilliant in The boat that rocked and Underworld so he should be just as good in DH.

Posted by Billy Bluenose on March 09, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I simply cannot wait! WOOT!

Img_0409note_thumb

delightful

Posted by Fayebeline on March 11, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m not sure if I like him as scrimgeour…

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 11, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

All this just gets me more impatient! I’m sure so many people have said it..but I just can’t wait for DH part 1!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on March 12, 2010, 05:06 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said. She had a bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair, and rather large front teeth.