March 2010 Craft Along Now Open

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
March 06, 2010, 07:26 PM

Yesterday, the Crafty Witches launched a brand new environmentally-conscious Craft-Along, in time for the upcoming Earth Day on the 22nd of April. The challenge for this month is to turn your favourite Harry Potter book into a small reusable bag, enabling you to better help the planet by turning down the plastic carrier bags offered in shops.

MyLeaky points will be awarded to everyone who participates in the Craft-Along as follows:

• 1 MyLeaky point for signing up for a Craft-Along
  • 1 MyLeaky point for every suggestion you give on how to use the book pages
  • 5 MyLeaky points for posting pictures of one finished product
  • 10 MyLeaky points for posting pictures of every extra finished product
You can sign up to participate at the Craft-Along thread or find more information on the Craft-Along page here. The March Craft-Along page can be found at this link with information about tutorials and this month's project. If you're not registered at the Leaky Lounge, you can sign up right here. Happy crafting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I’m not so sure I’d like to rip apart my books and make bags out of them, but good luck to everyone partcipating in the event!

4_thumb

Why would you want to destroy a book and even the best book in the world

Posted by Siriuslover117 on March 07, 2010, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Eyecon_-_copy_thumb

My first thought was who would want to destroy Harry Potter then I read the comments and saw that everyone agreed. Good idead about the reusable bag. Bad idea about using Harry Potter to make it.

Posted by pottercullen17 ~ROAR~ on March 07, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Eyecon_-_copy_thumb

Posted by pottercullen17 ~ROAR~ on March 07, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

Half price book stores sell the books pretty cheaply. Sounds fun!

Posted by Taylor on March 07, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I look forward to seeing what people submit.

Posted by Kirk on March 07, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator

Wow! This Craft-Along certainly seems to have created a lot of discussion!

I understand everyone who’s saying they wouldn’t destroy their own Potter books. I personally would never be able to either. That’s why I purchased a used book from Abebooks.com and THAT’s the one I’ll be using for this transfiguration work!

I’d never be throw away my Potter books either, but let’s face it guys, not everyone is as big a fan as all of us who are still reading Leaky every day AFTER all the books have been published. A lot of people have jumped off the wagon once everything was out there, which means there are Potter books out there being donated AND thrown away. The point of our Craft-Along is to save those books from the dumpster… not the ones that are being cherished and showcased in your bookcases!

Posted by Josée~Madalia on March 08, 2010, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

That’s just sick. Here we are, huge harry potter fans, ripping up books??!?!?! they might not be my copies, but what about other kids in places who’ve never heard of harry potter? we’re taking jkrowling’s work her ART and ripping it up. Why not do harry potter themed bags made from old newspapers? an old newspaper is no use to anyone, but a harry potter book is always a useful timeless piece of art that should be donated to libraries or given to children who cant buy them.

Posted by ProfessorAlice on March 08, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Mountains_2_a_thumb

Can’t we just use a printed something that’s worthless like the newspaper. There’s a snowballs chance down below before I destroy my favorite books.

Posted by RomanBlack on March 09, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Interesting idea … but to destroy a book? … gulp.

Worst. Idea. Ever.
RR

Posted by RRR on March 12, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll pass on that!

Posted by Won_Two on May 30, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator

"We're supposed to patrol the corridors every so often," he told Harry and Neville, "and we can give out punishments if people are misbehaving. I can't wait to get Crabbe and Goyle for something..."[br]"You're not supposed to abuse your position, Ron!" sa