New Wizarding World of Harry Potter Ride, Height Restriction Information

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 04, 2010, 01:00 PM

BehindtheThrills.com has posted an update which details information from a newly released Universal Orlando Resort 2010 brochure about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  Of interest from this new brochure are details about the height restrictions for the individual rides at Wizarding World, as well as what each ride is expected to entail.  The report notes:

Attractions for Forbidden Journey, Dragons Challenge, and Flight of the Hippogriff are all mentioned and described under these. As typical vague descriptions to keep surprses and to keep the common guest informed on what the attraction will feature, but an interesting note is the height requirement is 48 inches for Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey.
Dragon's Challenge mentions "different ride each time!" some are speculating that it will have unique elements to the coaster like sound effects and other tracks for on board audio that may be installed. As neat as that could be I don't think that is the case here and the description just pushes the fact that there are two solid different roller coaster attractions to experience.
Additionally, a note is made about the Three Broomsticks attraction, which the brochure lists as a "service" counter.  According to BehindtheThrills.com, this "is a general term for someone to pick up their food in a cafeteria style resturant [sic]."

A PDF version of the brochure can be downloaded right here.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated for a Spring 2010 opening.

Thanks to MN for the heads up.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Aliceicon_thumb

I’m going to Universal in April! I hope it opens by then! ;___;

Posted by 13_lucky_charms on March 04, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Okay, I can go on the rides!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 04, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Man, I can’t wait till it finally opens! Just a few months away!

wipes brow I am tall enough! Can’t wait for my trip in July. They sent my confirmation email for breakfast a the Three Broomsticks this week! Getting excited!

Posted by DorisKedavra on March 04, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I’m EXTREMELY short! But I just made it :) Whew! Haha.

Posted by Christine on March 04, 2010, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Sooooooo excited to go there!!!! :D

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 04, 2010, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

well unless jo opens, i cant go to the opening! so i hope i can make it there with in two years…which really sucks cuz loads of people i know are gon this summer and they dont even love hp!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 04, 2010, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

“Different ride each time”?? WOW! This Dragon’s Challenge sounds awesome! In fact, everything on this theme park sounds amazing! I wish I could spare the time and money to go…

Posted by Madam Snape on March 04, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Holey_thumb

freak out I might be going this summer! My dad wants to see the Jurassic Park though, I said “NO! WE HAVE TO GO SEE HARRY POTTER!” He told me I could go and get lost…heh I could live there :D

Posted by LizaPotter123 on March 04, 2010, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I’m 5’6 so i never have to worry about height requirements..so i can enjoy everything!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 04, 2010, 09:11 PM report to moderator

FOR THE DRAGON CHALLENGE THEY ARE JUST REVAMPING THE ALREADY EXISTING DUELING DRAGONS ROLLER COASTER, THE CASTLE LOOKS AMAZING WHILE YOU WAIT IN LINE

Posted by michelleg on March 04, 2010, 09:50 PM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

i wish i can go. im tall enough to go on all the rides. my sister is pissed cause shes short. but im sad because im not going there till next summer =(
or maybe late this summer. =(
my parents aren’t into the whole wizarding thing. there pure muggle

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on March 05, 2010, 12:15 AM report to moderator
9d8504f8a61815cb2bfab1540b008900_2611326_thumb

Oh God, I can’t wait!!!

Posted by Shosh Salazar Marvolo Sholort on March 05, 2010, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i am defently over 48 in

Posted by alicia00 on March 05, 2010, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I’m past three feet!!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 05, 2010, 08:13 AM report to moderator

When darkness fell and lamps came on inside the carriages, Luna rolled up [i]The Quibbler,[/i] put it carefully away in her bag, and took to staring at everyone in the compartment instead.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014