Harry Lands in Haiti; 16,000 Pounds of Relief Supplies Delivered to Haitian People

Charity
Posted by: Edward
March 04, 2010, 10:44 PM

As readers will recall, the Helping Haiti Heal drive raised a grand total of $123,754.41 for Partners in Health, which made it possible for three cargo planes-- Harry, Ron, and Hermione-- filled with tons of relief supplies to be flown to Haiti.  Recently, Harry made his trip to Haiti, delivering 16,000 pounds of life-saving of medical supplies to the country.  The plane landed in Port-au-Prince at 8:22 am EST on Wednesday, March 3.  Photos of the plane and the supplies it carried are now available in our Image Galleries; images include:

Stay close to Leaky for the latest in the Helping Haiti Heal effort, as well as for information on the grand gift drawing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Can’t wait for H & R to land!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 04, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

FIRSST!! AND SECOND!!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 04, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator

That’s so exciting!!!!

Posted by alohaholly on March 04, 2010, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

This is so awesome. I’ve said it so many times already, but I just can’t overstate how blessed and proud I am to be a part of this incredible community of loving, caring people. I’m so grateful that we have the opportunity and the resources to send help and healing to Haiti!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on March 04, 2010, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Instagramcapture_0aa8654a-49f6-4b2e-a715-d7368923a2ad_jpg_thumb

There really are a million ways of helping (:

Posted by keraDK on March 04, 2010, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

What a great initiative to be a part in! It’s awfull that such a terrible event had to occur to mobilize all these efforts. But how wonderful it is to know that when times of great dispair comes we can all count with each other to help the cause of people who are in desperate need!
Way to go, guys!

Posted by Madam Snape on March 04, 2010, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Burn-in_2_thumb

The Harry Potter fandom is “absolutely and unequivocally” fantastic :)

Posted by Iamtherealme on March 04, 2010, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

Wow that’s a lot of supplies, that’s so awesome :D
I really hope that this helps the people in haiti recover, I felt so bad when I saw what happened on the news the first morning, even worse in the reports afterwards.

Then again, why wouldn’t it help? Anything you give can help I guess :)

Posted by Deceit2nd on March 05, 2010, 12:00 AM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

thats really great!
i love harry potter !
i hope they can help chile to!

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on March 05, 2010, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

wooo awesome everyone chipped in that much

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 05, 2010, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

This is amazing! It takes my breath away that our community is so giving and that we all piched in for this effort! We are all amazing!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 05, 2010, 12:20 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

that’s a huge chunk o’ change!! so glad to be a (small) part of a fandom that is doing this much good :) horray for hp and haiti :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 05, 2010, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

This is so amazing :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 05, 2010, 12:41 AM report to moderator
9d8504f8a61815cb2bfab1540b008900_2611326_thumb

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

Posted by Shosh Salazar Marvolo Sholort on March 05, 2010, 03:32 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Wow, thanks for the pictures, amazing that we did this together! I still can’t believe it and I’m so proud to be a part of this fandom!! I’m eagerly waiting for the final show, hopefully without nargles this time. And please will you schedule it earlier than last time, I don’t think I could lose more sleep, lol, getting up at 2:30 AM wasn’t a very good idea! :p But I would probably do it again, everyone here think I’m nuts, lol!

Posted by lollifant on March 05, 2010, 03:43 AM report to moderator

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I -- WANT -- TO -- TALK -- TO -- HARRY -- POTTER!"[br]Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Vernon jumped and held the receiver a foot away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of mingled fury and alarm.