Bloomsbury to Repackage Harry Potter Novels with 'Signature' Edition Covers

Books
Posted by: Edward
March 30, 2010, 10:28 AM

This Fall, UK Harry Potter publisher Bloomsbury will be repackaging the seven Harry Potter novels with new Signature Edition covers, the Bookseller reports.  High Res photos of these signature edition covers for the Harry Potter series can be found right here in our image galleries.

Set to be published on November 1, these editions will be available exclusively in paperback format and are aimed to "appeal to the next generation of readers who did not 'grow up' with Harry Potter and who have not yet experienced the thrill of life at Hogwarts."  Illustrations for the seven signature editions are the work of inocut artist Clare Melinsky, who is quoted as saying:
"I was delighted and excited to be asked to illustrate the covers for such massively famous books—and seven of them! It was top secret for the best part of a year."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Avatar_hp_thumb

Werid …… I mean the Harry Potter title is okay, I guess but yes I agree with everyone they are un-magical, uninspirational.They have no face, no personality. It’s hard to connect, I think that’s the main problem!

However, saying that I’ll still end up collecting them! ;>)

Fantasyart01_thumb

I think its too bland.. and the font is all wrong :/ The orignials are the best, and should be kept that way. But, knowing me, Ill probably buy them anyway. They do look kind of mature I spose.

Posted by Sasha on April 20, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator

Dumbledore looks weird on the HBP cover. Same goes for Harry. He looks way too laid back for someone entering a dark cave filled with Inferi! Is it me or does Harry just look bored?

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on May 01, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator

The PoA cover kinda gives away the shock towards the end of the book about Harry’s Patronus. Then again, who hasn’t read PoA?

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on May 01, 2010, 12:01 PM report to moderator

I like the Mary Grandpre` covers the best.

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on May 01, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-02-05_at_23

i agree with everyone, these covers lack something. they just don’t feel like HP. and personally i doubt they would talk to this new generation of readers. an Ebook would do a better job in drawing in readers then these covers.
my all time Favorite HP covers are the black adult ones, those covers are true work of art and really represent the darkness that lives in the HP story. any other covers always look too childish to me.

Posted by voldierot on May 10, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Img_3044_thumb

I’m from the US and just bought a set of the UK editions. I do not plan on ordering these. I may change my mind in the future but they’re just so…plain…which Harry Potter isn’t. At all. Like I said, I may change my mind, but I much prefer the two editions I have,

Posted by lptaylor101 on May 25, 2010, 04:51 AM report to moderator
Nagini1_normal_thumb

I actually quite like these, my favourite being the “Goblet of Fire” cover. It’s exciting that these will be the next generation’s books. I shall definitely pick these up in November and add them to my ever growing HP book collection!

Posted by Slytherins on July 17, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

Surprising boring looking.

Posted by Figment on July 24, 2010, 10:21 AM report to moderator

Meanwhile it became clear just how many Skiving Snackboxes Fred and George had managed to sell before leaving Hogwarts. Umbridge only had to enter her classroom for the students assembled there to faint, vomit, develop dangerous fevers, or else spout bloo