More Details About Godric's Hollow Scenes Filmed in "Ethereal" Lavenham

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
March 26, 2010, 06:51 PM

The Suffolk Free Press has a few more details on the filming that took place on the 29th of January in the mediæval village of Lavenham, Suffolk. No members of the cast were present for the scenes shot in the village in January, but the paper reports, "Harry Potter and Hermione Granger will be added through computer wizardry." Jane Gosling, the manager of Lavenham Guildhall, commented on further digital adjustments such as editing out modern houses. The Guildhall itself (which is a National Trust building), says Gosling, was used as the house of Lily and James Potter. The article cites Lavenham's ""ethereal" quality" as the reason why location managers chose the village "as the basis for Godric's Hollow."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Awesome!!! 1st! XD

Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

Can’t wait to see Godric’s Hallow, but I will be so sad when this movie comes out because the sereis is almost over.

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on March 26, 2010, 07:14 PM report to moderator

aaaaah this and the article before are getting me all excited
this + malfoy manor are gonna be bomb

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on March 26, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What a fantastic location! I look forward to seeing it used in the movie!

Posted by Kirk on March 26, 2010, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

This was one of my favourite parts of the book…I really hope they film it as close to the book as they possibly can!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 26, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’m really excited about DH and hope they don’t make it so dark that scenes can’t be made out. The place looks really interesting and I hope the mystical look will not be overrun by darkness. I especially hope that they don’t make the fight scene btwn Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix too dark. I really want to see her moves.

Posted by molly43 on March 26, 2010, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

“Harry Potter and Hermione Granger will be added through computer wizardry.”

I wish they hadn’t said that, it kind of ruins it for me :(

Posted by Iceholic on March 26, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator

That’s not really the way I pictured the Potters’ house. I thought it’d look more home-y. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll look great in the film!

Posted by lazykitty on March 26, 2010, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-silhouette_thumb

Interesting that Dan and Emma weren’t on site for this scene – it’s such an important part of the storyline. I will be curious how it turns out in the movie.

Posted by WizardRocker1 on March 26, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-silhouette_thumb

Posted by WizardRocker1 on March 26, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator

I agree molly43- I’ve noticed the poor lighting in a few of the past films- sometimes it’s hard to see all of the wonderful details- maybe they are trying to set the mood, but I wish the films could feel darker without looking dark;-)

Posted by mommaweasley on March 26, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator

WizardRocker1 – If the scene is done properly, Dan and Emma wouldn’t be there any way… My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe Harry & Hermoine took polyjuice potion and were impersonating redheaded Muggles the whole time they were in Godric’s Hollow. If my memory is correct, it seems they would get two other actors to play Harry & Hermoine for this scene.

Posted by Seidenschnabel on March 26, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator

I definitely pictured a smaller cottage looking house…ah well!

Posted by Dawna on March 26, 2010, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I agree with Iceholic. Ah I hate when they do stuff like that.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 26, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

yeah it’s a little different than i pictured it, too. but who knows what they’ll change with the special effects and everything…

Posted by harrygetsme on March 26, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"VOLDEMORT!" Harry bellowed, and Hagrid was so shocked, he stopped crying. "I've met him and I'm calling him by his name. Please cheer up, Hagrid, we saved the Stone, it's gone, he can't use it. Have a Chocolate Frog, I've got loads...."