Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

Photo02371111_thumb

yay yay yay!!!:DDDD

Posted by haleytttw on March 29, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator

Cool! I predict Emma Thompson will totally rock out Trewlany’s part!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on March 29, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

While I did find it interesting and funny that she didn’t know why people didn’t think she’d be in DH. But, it doesn’t matter that she doesn’t remember saying she wouldn’t be in the DH. The main thing is that she will be in DH and most of us will be looking forward to her throwing crystal balls the enemy. I’m also looking forward to the new Nanny McPhee.

Posted by molly43 on March 30, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 31, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

Love that shes back

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on March 31, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

YAY!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 23, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-02-05_at_23

yey!! i was rally upset when i heard she wasn’t coming back and now i am so happy to learn that she is!
i love this characters she’s awesome.

Posted by voldierot on May 10, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator

A week after Fred and George's departure Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves, who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier, and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth, "It unscre