Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

Harry_snl_thumb

Yes! She is great as Trelawney! Let’s get some prophesy flashback action!

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Glad she is in it and looking forward to seeing Nanny McPhee 2.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 26, 2010, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! I am really looking forward to seeing her drop that Crystal Ball down on top of the WereWolf Firir Greyback!!!! She plays the role of Professor Trelawney very well!!!lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on March 26, 2010, 07:22 AM report to moderator

SQUEEEE!!!! I WAS SO SAD WHEN I THOUGHT SHE WASN’T COMING BACK!! AND NOW SHE IS!! HOORAY!! SHE’S ONE OF MY FAVOURITE ACTRESSES AND I WAS/AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HER BEING TRELAWNY AGAIN!!!! hehe sorry got a bit over excited…

Posted by Freya-Storm on March 26, 2010, 08:28 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

WOO HOO! This movie keeps getting better and better! Thanks, Leaky [as always] for keeping us “up to date”!!!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on March 26, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

That’s the best news I’ve had all day! Made me soo happy!
I always wonder why she couldn’t be in the film, she has one scen in the book or so, and it such an awsome one! Let us see her throwing crystal balls at death eathers! :D

Posted by Cheimonas on March 26, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Excellent!! I’m glad she’ll be there with everyone else :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on March 26, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Great! Wouldn’t be the same without her.

Posted by beewell on March 26, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator
102_0119_thumb

Yay, that’s awesome! :)

Posted by Nargles18 on March 26, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

whoo hoo how cool!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 26, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

I am sooo glad!!!!!!!! She is sooo awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted by hpemmapie on March 26, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

PLEASE let her be throwing the crystal balls! I laughed so hard at that part in the book. With so many deaths, that’s exactly the sort of comic relief we need!

Posted by The Gryffindor Fox - ROAR! on March 26, 2010, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

It’s good that she’s back. I had a feeling she would return.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on March 26, 2010, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

so does this means they will show the complete prophecy and the moment that she helps at the war in hogwarts ? I wonder

Posted by worldstraveller on March 26, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Actually, if you go back through the Leaky Archives, the story was that Thompson herself said she would be unavailable, due to the second McPhee film….clearly, that has wrapped up sooner than expected and her schedule cleared.
Mostly, I am glad that there will be an “all characters” reunion…after all Trelawney’s role in DH would translate into …30 seconds? And w/o the revelation about who overheard her prediction about Voldy and Harry in HBP, really there is no reason for her to appear except for a nostalgic reunion. Too bad there wasn’t a place for Kenneth Brannaugh in OotP, or a way to smuggle him into DH!

Posted by budb on March 26, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator

"Don't you [i]care[/i] about Gryffindor, do you [i]only[/i] care about yourselves, [i]I[/i] don't want Slytherin to win the house cup, and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014