Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

Rain_thumb

yah!<3

Posted by chrissyweasley99 on March 25, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

YES!!!! I love her in that role!!! So happy she’s back!!! =)

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on March 25, 2010, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

glad she was funny about it

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 25, 2010, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Glad she’s back :D She’s an amazing Trelawny :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 25, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

OMG! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Posted by joelface on March 25, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

YAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on March 25, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I love how the film is starting to take heed more and more!

Posted by Smitch on March 25, 2010, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

So cool she is back!!!

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Excellent, I really liked her!

Posted by Jacket on March 25, 2010, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

I really thought that she was not coming back, I am so happy now.

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on March 25, 2010, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Oh I’m so glad she’s in DH- I was sad when it was originally reported that she wouldn’t be!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 25, 2010, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool! Now she can throw the crystal balls!! :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on March 26, 2010, 04:36 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Emma Thompson is not on the cast list for the last DH film on IMDb. So we aren’t the only ones who didn’t know.

Posted by Graymayne on March 26, 2010, 04:38 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Glad shes back

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 26, 2010, 05:01 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Cool I love her!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on March 26, 2010, 05:49 AM report to moderator

"Turn 'round and face me like a man, why don't you?"[br]"But I am not a man, Muggle," said the cold voice, barely audible now over the crackling of the flames. "I am much, much more than a man."