Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

wow that is so cool bieng the first to post here cool

Posted by Mew5645 on March 25, 2010, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Nice! This must mean a richer Snape story… hopefully! And also the Crystal Ball scene.

Posted by Thio on March 25, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awesome :) It really seems like they want to get everyone back for these last two movies. I’m pretty excited!

Posted by Christine on March 25, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Wow…she obviously doesn’t remember her last interview where she said she wasn’t going to do it. Gee.

Posted by eiVega on March 25, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Posted by eiVega on March 25, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

Awesome! I really hope shes in the final battle tho!

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on March 25, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Yes, same here!

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on March 25, 2010, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

YES!!! I hope they have her throwing the crystal balls.

Posted by FosDoNuT on March 25, 2010, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

SQUEEE looks like they doing it right this time it would not be the same with out her

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on March 25, 2010, 02:22 PM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

Yes! Im soo glad she’s in the final film :)

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on March 25, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Choices_thumb

SQUEE! I can’t wait to see her lobbing crystal balls at Death Eaters!

Posted by dillypoo on March 25, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

lol yeah I think it was Emma Thompson herself that said she wouldnt be in DH. Anyhows I am real happy to know that she and Trelawney will be in DH because, it would have been unthinkable to not have Trelawney in DH or, to have someone else star as her.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 25, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator

I think that Emma Thompson thoughts were that she was not going to be in HBP with the room of requirements and meeting Harry as she tried to get into the room and Draco keeps her out. I too am happy that she is in DH, it would not be the same with out her.

Posted by Anderja on March 25, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

ohh cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on March 25, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator

Glad shes back

Posted by madman1277 on March 25, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator

But a pair of strong, clammy hands suddenly attached themselves around Harry's neck. They were forcing his face upward... He could feel its breath... It was going to get rid of him first... He could feel its putrid breath... His mother was screaming in hi

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014