Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I am sooo happy! She does a great job and Trewlany wouldn’t be as good without her!!!!!!!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on March 24, 2010, 04:12 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I really hope the scheduling conflict that kept her from returning has been resolved and that this story really is true.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 24, 2010, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

They have confirmation of this story on Mugglenet linking to an interview Emma Thompson did regarding Nanny McPhee, she did 2 days work on DH apparently.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 24, 2010, 06:46 PM report to moderator

She is a great actress! I wish her nothing but happiness! She is wonderful! I am sure everyone is happy to work with her! :]

Posted by marchpink13 on March 24, 2010, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

cool news!

Earthforeverava_thumb

Ah, a very nice rumor. Maybe it’s just a cameo and not a part. Nevertheless, if she showed, it would be very nice indeed.

Posted by leigia on March 25, 2010, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

It is not a rumour anymore, she IS in it, as I said in my previous post, they have the news on Mugglenet. There’s a link to an interview she did for Newsround in the UK. I’ve watched the interview there is absolutely no doubt about it at all! Squeeeee!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 25, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

please please please please!!! let it be true!!!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 25, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator

Thanks moglet. I’ve just watched the Newsround clip, and from what she says I think the ‘not being in the film’ only ever applied to Half Blood Prince – where they may have written a part and had to cut it – and not to DH; she talks as is there was never any doubt about it. She had finished maling the new Nanny McPhee before they needed her.

And she also reminds us that her sister Sophie is also in DH (as Mafalda Hopkirk) “and my next-door neighbour” – no idea who that is!!

Posted by WulfricBrian on March 25, 2010, 08:40 AM report to moderator

AAHHH! I hope Thompson returns! She was the original Trelawney!!!! I like her as Trelawney too, she is quite good at it.

Posted by rumble_roar on March 27, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Awesome! How could she pass on the idea in the first place?

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 31, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator

I would love to see her in Deathly Hallows because I would love to see everybody one last time! I don’t remember seeing her in Half-Blood Prince, do you?

Posted by . on April 26, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator

Hermione, who was taking more subjects than either of them, had not only finished all her homework but was also finding time to knit more elf clothes. Harry had to admit that she was getting better; it was now almost always possible to distinguish betwee