Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I really hope she does come back. Really want to see her throwing crystal balls off the balcony at the bad guys. She is so right for the part and really made it her own.

Posted by hewy on March 23, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

I hope she comes back for Deathly Hallows, she was an amazing Trelawny in the other films!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 23, 2010, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

It would be great if you could correct the mistakes in the article, pointed at earlier in the comments…

Posted by Noz on March 23, 2010, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Oh please let this be true!! I really want to see her shine in DH.

Posted by da_member0808 on March 23, 2010, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It would be great if she was in the Deathly Hallows! I wonder if she will………

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I hope its true! Please come back you were prefect playing her.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 23, 2010, 08:09 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

She was amazing in Prisoner of Azkaban. Glad they are including her part in final movies.

Posted by taoist1 on March 23, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator

that is so cool

Posted by 7Pirates on March 23, 2010, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Hmm. I hate to go completely against the grain, but I’m not a huge fan of Emma Thompson. I agree that she is talented, and the moment in Hogwart’s square when Umbridge tried to give her the boot was quite impressive, but, I just don’t dig her vibe, really. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. Don’t know what it is.

Posted by Smitch on March 23, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Count me among those who wish she would be back, even tho Trelawney’s part in DH is next to meaningless (altho I think she conks Greyback with one of her crystal balls, which is never a bad thing). Just the reappearance of each of these original cast members is going to be a pleasure.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on March 23, 2010, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I do wish Thompson is in the DH because I love the scenes involving Trelawney (in all the books/movies). However, I dislike Thompson because of her attitude. As terrible as it is, I am kind of 50/50 on if I want this to be true.

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 23, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

Noz- Pointing out misspellings in the article once is okay (good even so they can correct it), but making a second comment about is just obnoxious and rude. Sheesh! Why are you eager to prove you “better” than someone else?

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 23, 2010, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

Sorry. Left out the word “are” in the last sentence.

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 23, 2010, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

oh i hope she returns for the DH! she’s such a brilliant and funny actress!

Posted by harrygetsme on March 23, 2010, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I bet this is true. Why wouldn’t she return? This is the last film and her part is so small. I really hope this news is true.

Posted by cghambright on March 24, 2010, 12:03 AM report to moderator

"...Dobby cannot let Harry Potter stay here now that history is to repeat itself, now that the Chamber of Secrets is open once more --"