Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Blastoid_thumb

As Trelawney has no role in this story, why would Thompson waste her time on this? There is no mention on any of Emma’s pages that she’s doing this, and she should have been filming Nanny McPhee when this was happening. I wonder if something got lost in translation here….

Posted by Wimsey on March 23, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Normal_hbpnycprem5_thumb

Hope it’s true! Would like to see as many as possible back.

Posted by silver_lining on March 23, 2010, 02:39 PM report to moderator

I knew that Emma T had conflicts with her schedule, what I was hoping was that a small film and make-up crew would go to her and have her film her small scene of her lobbing Crystal Balls at the Death Eaters, they can edit that into the battle scene.

Posted by ac434 on March 23, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator

yes!!!!!!!!!!! i was thinking about this the other day! This is brilliant news.
THROW THOSE CYRSTAL BALLS SYBILL BABY!!!!!!!! :)

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on March 23, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh even thouh i think trwlawney is absoluetly nuts emaa was very good as her and i hope she comes back

Posted by LilLadySnape on March 23, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

it’d be so cool if she did! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 23, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Even if she returns, which I hope, her role won’t be too large.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 23, 2010, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Flitwick_thumb

PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE let this be true!!!!!!!!! It would be absolutely amazing to have Trelawney back for the final battle and Emma Thompson is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by JoeWorthy on March 23, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I truly hope that she actually is returning to reprise her role as Professor Trelawney. Nothing would afford more joy than finding comfort in the fact she will resume her role as this character and deposit crystal balls on antagonists’ heads.

Posted by Kirk on March 23, 2010, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

This is weird. First she says she won’t come back and now she filmed her scene(s)? I hope it is true.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on March 23, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

This would be excellent! Emma was great as Tralawney. I was so upset when she said she was “too busy”. I hope this report is true and that she had a change of heart.

Posted by Rhiannon on March 23, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Ahh!!! I reallllllllly hope that she decides to come back!!! She’s perfect!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on March 23, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Hopefully she is!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 23, 2010, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Rain_thumb

I hope that it’s true! She did such a great job in the other shows.

Posted by chrissyweasley99 on March 23, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

I do hope she is in it, it would be a nice goodbye to all the characters to see them in the final battle fighting once more.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on March 23, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator

Cho raised her eyebrows.[br]"You're meeting Hermione Granger? Today?"[br]"Yeah. Well, she asked me to, so I thought I would. D'you want to come with me? She said it wouldn't matter if you did."[br]"Oh... well... that was nice of her."