Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I love Professor Trelawney in the films. She does such a good job and it would be great if she was in a little bit of the battle scenes.

Posted by gingerr_kat on March 23, 2010, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

I hope this is true. I really can’t see anyone else playing Professor Trelawney.

Posted by accioangela on March 23, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

At the risk of repeating what pretty much everyone has said already, I sure hope that it’s true and she will return for DH. Emma Thompson is Trelawney, I cant imagine anyone else starring as her instead of Emma Thompson so, I sure hope that she will come back for DH.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 23, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

i hope she comes back

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on March 23, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m not so sure about this. Just sounds like the journalist has paraphrased her, they could have met on GOF… but wait a minute! Thompson wasn’t in GOF… hmmm interesting!

Posted by KiwiMcI on March 23, 2010, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I hope this is true. She was awesome as Trelawney. :)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 23, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I too loved the scene in the book where Trelawney is hurling crystla balls at Death Eaters! It would be a shame if they don’t have her character inthe final scenes.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 23, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Leaky_avatar_thumb

Yay! I hope she’s back! I love her.

Posted by Marielebone on March 23, 2010, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Yeah, let’s see Emma Thomson weilding magic 8 balls at Death Eaters! But I think it’s unlikely she’s coming back.

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 23, 2010, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Great news! I hope it’s true. I love her as an actor, it would be really nice to see her in Deathly Hallows!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on March 23, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I hope she comes back i thought she was wonderful in the PoA.

Posted by The Nerd on March 23, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Really hope she came back!

Posted by Lucida on March 23, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

i wish she will. shes absolutely perfect for prof trelawney!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 23, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

No Emma don’t leave!! It wouldn’t be Harry Potter without you!!!!!!!

Posted by hpemmapie on March 23, 2010, 02:09 PM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

It would be amazing if she was in the deathly hallows! Shes an amazing actress and plays Trelawney perfectly! I hope she does come back

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on March 23, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator

"I've warned you, [i]Snivellus[/i]," said Sirius, his face barely a foot from Snape's, "I don't care if Dumbledore thinks you've reformed, I know better --"[br]"Oh, but why don't you tell him so?" whispered Snape. "Or are you afraid he might not take the