Fire Damages "Deathly Hallows" Set (Updated)

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
March 21, 2010, 07:28 PM

British tabloid News of the World is reporting that a fire broke out on the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film set on Friday evening. The newspaper cites "explosives used in action sequences"  as the cause of the blaze, with firefighters from six fire engines taking 40 minutes to put the fire out. No one was injured and the explosives reportedly were being used to film the "scenes where Hogwarts gets blown up during the battle." The paper adds that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) were not on set at the time, but the special effects crew are "devastated."

Update: This morning, Warner Bros. issued a statement regarding the fire which says:
"It was a big special effects scene. Unfortunately, there was a small fire as a result of that. As a precaution, as we had already mobilised our own in-house fire team who had it under control, the fire brigade was called and it was put out in under an hour.
"There was no damage to Leavesden Studios at all. The actual set was due to be rebuilt anyway. The scene was where the set was being destroyed and then it was to be rebuilt for a new scene, as part of a battle for Deathly Hallows part two.
"The idea that fire ripped through Leavesden Studios is so far from the truth, it's untrue. It was a very isolated incident. It was put out very quickly and with limited damage."
Thanks janspach, Bert, Patrick and Elliot for emailing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hula_thumb

I hope blow up Hogwarts was an exaggeration :S I feel sorry for everyone who gets a lot of extra work to do.

Posted by DarthWeetzie on March 22, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Woh … I’m so glad that no one was hurt but, what a sad thing to happen to the set. I love watching DVD extras and, especially on shows like Doctor Who there are all these precautions when doing explosives, and a whole lot of security measures put in place and, I guess this shows just how dangerous it really can be. Like, when everything goes to plan it all looks so straight forward and, the firefighters and medics seems just a little over the top. I guess not. I am so happy that no one was hurt.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 22, 2010, 01:08 PM report to moderator
102_0119_thumb

Oh gosh, that’s scary.
Luckily no one got hurt!

Posted by Nargles18 on March 22, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

Glad no one was hurt! Too bad about the fire, that’s such a shame after all their hard work :(

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on March 22, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Count_dooku_thumb

Ok thank God no one was hurt. BUT! Let’s digest this statement: “The scene was where the set was being destroyed and then it was to be rebuilt for a new scene, as part of a battle for Deathly Hallows part two.” So Hogwarts gets destroyed…in part one?! My heart can’t take this anymore.

Posted by Grimthresgo on March 22, 2010, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Leavesden says that the fire wasn’t too big, and they were going to rebuild that set anyway. That is good news, and I am really glad that no one was injured or hurt.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 22, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

When I saw the title I panicked but I’m relieved no one got hurt. Still all the damage will cost a lot.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on March 22, 2010, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

could have been worse…

Posted by Nwrosey on March 22, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

That’s horrible,I’m glad no one was hurt though.

Posted by Brianna on March 22, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator

that’s horrible. it’s so scary when things like this happen.

Posted by gingerr_kat on March 22, 2010, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

thats good no one was hurt!!! but poor special effects people, they probably worked hard on it.

That’s too bad, but I’m glad they got it put out quickly and no one was hurt

Posted by Stellar Sound on March 22, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

OMG!! I hope it doesn’t set the movie back too long! I have a hope that it will be ready (someone posted this) in November!

Posted by Dreamer on March 22, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Good thing no one was hurt! :) Too bad about the set. :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 22, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds horrible! I’m really glad that no one got seriuosly injured. That could been a disaster. Thank goodness that no serious damage was done to the studio also……..

"Aaah... pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost... but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know... I, who have gone further than anybody