Harry Potter Season on ITV1, Weekend on ABC Family

Movies
Posted by: Rosi
March 20, 2010, 08:18 AM

Revisit the early Harry Potter films this weekend with ITV1 in the U.K. and ABC Family in the U.S.A. Firstly, ITV1 will be showing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" from 3.30 to 6.15pm GMT as part of their Harry Potter Season. The season will continue every Saturday, with the channel showing "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" on Saturday 27th March in the 3.25pm to 6.20pm GMT time slot. You can find full TV listings on the ITV website at this link.

Secondly, in the U.S.A., ABC Family will be showing the Harry Potter films in HD from 9am/8am central. Starting with "Philosopher's Stone" at 9am/8c, the channel will show "Chamber of Secrets" at 12.30pm/11.30 central, "Prisoner of Azkaban" at 4.30/3.30c and "Goblet of Fire" at 7.30/6.30c. On Sunday, ABC Family will show "Chamber of Secrets" at 9.30am/8.30c, "Prisoner of Azkaban" at 1.30/12.30c, "Goblet of Fire" at 4.30/3.30c and finally, "Order of the Phoenix" will premiere on ABC Family at 8/7c. Find more information on the ABC Family website at this link. Thanks for the heads up, Raymond!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Image_thumb

Yay, thanks for the info!

Posted by Smitch on March 20, 2010, 10:46 PM report to moderator
G_thumb

i woke up to hp1 ahh what a wonderful way to start the day!!

Posted by llamatiger on March 21, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i hated the fact that the DH footage was what is on the HBP DVD. its still cool though but still, its not new. i watched the end of CoS and majority of PoA. i hope the rough cut footage from DH i read about gets leaked,

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on March 21, 2010, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

WOOT!

Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I can’t bear to watch films on ITV because of the advert breaks which lead to bits being cut and also ruin the atmosphere of the film, so if I want to watch an HP film I get out my DVDs!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 21, 2010, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Yay!

I turned on my TV last night and Philosophers Stone was on, and all I could think of (minus Dan’s squeaky voice) was “I wonder if they are going to keep this up every week?”

Turns out they are, which is awesome. :D Hopefully they will include Goblet and Order so I can tape them.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 21, 2010, 07:01 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

grate

Posted by alicia00 on March 21, 2010, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It cool.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 21, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

☺☺watching rite now!☺☺

Posted by WeasleyWonder on March 21, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

It’s great fun having these on TV for the weekend…But it’s the bloody annoying commercials that interrupt it every 10 minutes that really make it difficult to completely enjoy.

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on March 21, 2010, 03:36 PM report to moderator

moglet – please let me know what scenes thy cut, because I don’t see anything missing! If they do cut it, normally it is for the time of day it is shown. But I didn’t notice any cuts in the part I watched (I missed the final bit), and I know the film really well! The only bit they changed was the credits that just wooshed by!
I’ve never seen ITV cut an HP film, but they may do so with the GOF is they wish to keep showing the films at 3pm. 12 rated films are usually from 7pm onwards.

Posted by pipkin3 on March 21, 2010, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Leonidascantread

Absolutely blows… the exact same footage we’ve already seen. “Never-before-seen…” – Nope.

Posted by iampadfoot on March 21, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Can’t wait for them to air OOTP!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on March 21, 2010, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-cast_thumb

hehe im watching this right now…..sooo greattt :)

Posted by Stephie_Potter90 on March 21, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I love watching these — they always have extra/extended scenes!

For a split second, both Harry and Riddle, wand still raised, stared at it. Then, without thinking, without considering, as though he had meant to do it all along, Harry seized the basilisk fang on the floor next to him and plunged it straight into the he