J. K. Rowling Tweets: It's "the real me," but "pen and paper is my priority"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
March 02, 2010, 02:18 PM

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling has updated her Twitter page once again today to remind followers that, although this is her official account, writing remains her top priority.  Her tweet reads:
This is the real me, but you won’t be hearing from me often I am afraid, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment.
Follow JK_Rowling on Twitter via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

I’d rather her keep writing than tweeting anyways! Yay for JK! First!

Posted by Lucida on March 02, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Yay she’s still writing!!! I don’t mind the lack of tweets :)

Posted by da_member0808 on March 02, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

i’m glad that she’s writing :) it’s nice to have an update like this every once and a while to let us know what she’s up to. :D

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on March 02, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I hope she’s writing The Scottish Book, but I’ll read anything she writes.

Posted by FosDoNuT on March 02, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator

Yay! She’s writing! :D I really don’t think it’s The Scottish Book, but if it is I’ll be really happy! But I’ll read anything she writes. I’m glad she is. I remember when she first got her Twitter somebody on MuggleCast or PotterCast, I can’t remember which, said everybody thinks they aren’t going to use their Twitter but then six months later they update it and get addicted to Twitter. :D Maybe….

Posted by FGFG on March 02, 2010, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

SCOTTISH BOOK PLEASE but all in good time
we can count on Jo

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 02, 2010, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

She must be the most followed person on Twitter who doesn’t actually Tweet, surely. But hey, it’s great to hear she’s writing something, and I really hope she takes her time :D

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 02, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

She is so great! :D

Posted by Pollytomat on March 02, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I was actually somewhat disappointed in this tweet, not because I expected more but because it’s a repeat of what she’s already said. She basically took her last two tweets and fit them into one. At least use different words next time! Phrase it in a new way. Oh well. She has better things to worry about than being redundant on Twitter.

Posted by eiVega on March 02, 2010, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Burn-in_2_thumb

It’s great to know that she acknowledges the fans’ desire to know just which of the many Joanne Rowlings on twitter was her. I’m sure we can all understand her desire to stick to writing though. Can we honestly argue the writing preferences of the greatest author to ever live? :)

Posted by Iamtherealme on March 02, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Glad she posted an update, but as someone else pointed out, it is basically the same thing. Glad she is still writing though. Hopefully whatever else she publishes is as good as Harry Potter.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 02, 2010, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

I love that she’s bothering to tweet at all, so I don’t mind if it’s reiterating her past tweets! I’m just glad to know she’s still focused on the pen & paper :D

Posted by rosepug on March 02, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I want something new!!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on March 02, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! Her real priority is books! Please keep writing!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 02, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I think this is a “please don’t shut down my account” post, because it is almost 6 months since her previous post, and accounts that haven’t been used for 6 months can be removed. Hence I don’t think it tells us very much other than that Jo wants to keep her twitter account open.

Posted by roonwit on March 02, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator

As he soared upward... and the Horntail shrank to the size of a dog, he realized that he had left not only the ground behind, but also his fear... He was back where he belonged...[br]This was just another Quidditch match, that was all... just another Quid

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014